• Gnome 3 nm-applet does not save vpn passwords

I cannot get the VPNC connections created in networkmanager to save the group password. This worked b efore I updated to 3.12, but I figured I would do a fresh install now to clean up my installed apps the lazy way, and that did not help with this issue. The connections work fine if I have it ask me everytime that I connect, but the passwords are pretty long and I hate having to type them in every time. Does anyone have any ideas, google so far has gotten me no where.

Thanks

• I cannot get the VPNC connections created in networkmanager to save the group password. This worked b efore I updated to 3.12, but I figured I would do a fresh install now to clean up my installed apps the lazy way, and that did not help with this issue. The connections work fine if I have it ask me everytime that I connect, but the passwords are pretty long and I hate having to type them in every time. Does anyone have any ideas, google so far has gotten me no where.

Thanks

• Hi,

Try adding the following to /etc/profile and then reboot your system. Let me know if it helps.

export GNOME\_KEYRING\_CONTROL=$XDG\_RUNTIME\_DIR/keyring

Cheers!

Posts 3Views 763