• Dell XPS 13 Owners - Touchpad and Linux

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone has any special settings / tweaks they are running with their touchpad under Linux? I am using libinput gestures, and it’s nearly perfect…but I still get some slight jumpyness / jitterness at times. I am looking for anyone who has tweaked with the sensitivity / smoothness of using the touchpad…

Can anyone share their specific tweaks / config settings if you are happy with the touchpad with your setup please?

Thanks,
    Asif

• @a4orce84 My 9360 (2017 kaby lake) is perfect (no jumpiness) except I’d like to enable 3 finger drag. I found a tutorial on the arch wiki, but haven’t tried it yet.

• @LosSpamFighters - Do you have the link handy to the specific arch wiki you are looking at? Specifically, for the section on the 3 finger drag?

Thanks,
    Asif

• Anyone else who might have some information on how to make the trackpad a lot more smooth / less sensitive?

Thanks,
    Asif

• The info about your exact XPS model is not enough, I m afraid. Anyway, there s plenty of literature on the net about it. Is it of any help?
    https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?query=Dell XPS 13 Touchpad arch wiki&cat=web&pl=opensearch

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

touchpad41 dell24 xps22 owners1 Posts 5Views 1140
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.