• Battery indicator does not update

I’ve run into an issue that I can’t find any talk of on this forum, and I’d really appreciate some help tracking down what is causing it, or some ideas on where to start troubleshooting. I’m on an HP Elitebook 8470p.

The battery indicator shows the correct level and remaining time when I log in, but it does not update after that. If I plug in, the indicator does not change, though the battery does charge. I tried checking the output from upower, and it gives the same info as the gnome indicator drop-down, which is not updated. On several other distros, including ubuntu on gnome 3.24, I did not have this issue. I’m new to Arch/antergos so I’m not sure where to go from here. Would this be a kernel problem?

• $ gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface show-battery-percentage true

• Thanks, but that doesn’t address the issue. That did add the percentage next to the battery indicator, but it didn’t make it show what the actual charge percentage is. It shows 100% and charging, though it’s been off of the charger for 30 minutes. If I reboot the notebook, it will show the remaining battery at the time of boot, but it won’t change until rebooted again.

• @tommyguitfiddle as a workaround for now i’d recommend to test if conky-manager is able of real time update the battery charge… I know is not the solution, just an emergency thing.

some of conky’s options:
    apcupsd_charge
    apcupsd_timeleft
    battery
    battery_bar
    battery_percent
    battery_short
    battery_time

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• Conky doesn’t show the correct battery status either. Even acpi is only showing the status incorrectly. Thanks for the attempt at a workaround though.

• I tried installing the LTS kernel and booting with it. This seems to correct the issue, so I will just boot the LTS for now, and hope that it’s corrected in a future version. If anyone has any ideas on how to troubleshoot the issue on the main kernel version, I’ll gladly give it a try. Or if there are any other data that I can pull that would help narrow it down, please let me know and I’ll post it.

indicator1 battery16 Posts 6Views 479