• Gitkraken from the Antergos repo is crashing

Hey :)

I am using Gitkraken for a while now and it is really cool, that you have it in your repo, so I don’t depend on the AUR. However, I am not able to use it since version 2.4, because it is crashing as soon as I open a repo inside Gitkraken (the window gets white and Gitkraken opens again without an opened repo).
    After installing the package from AUR it is working correctly. First I assumed, that the package “libcurl-openssl” makes the difference, because it is not included in your package, but also when I have installed it, the same problem occurs.
    Do you have any idea, how to solve it?

Thanks,
    Dominik

• Hello, I’m also using GitKraken and have the same problem.
    When I fetch I get this white screen and crash
    Anyone knows about that ?

• I finally found a “solution”,
    I use the git version on aur, but a problem with libcurl-openssl-1.0 prevent the installation so it work if you get the gpg key :

$ gpg --recv-keys 5CC908FDB71E12C2

if gpg don’t want to get the key, try downgrading gnupg to 2.1.18-2 or 2.1.17-2

• Yeah, I’m also using this workaround, so I can still using Gitkraken. But sadly it’s not a solution for the problem of the package in the Antergos-repo :/

• I’m also using gitkraken, in the official repository yes, is broken.
    In AUR is working but now we have a problem with the current electron version: wrong fonts rendering in open file window, can anyone report this in Arch for they update it?

The problem with official antergos repository is that the installation file don’t use the patched lib-openssl package(in AUR is used).

Thanks!

• I don’t have any problems with the font rendering. The AUR package of Gitkraken works for me without problems, but the Antergos package does still crash.

• @der13teFreitag Are you sure? see this.

• Oh, you are right!
    I never use this dialog, so i didn’t noticed that, but I have the same problem.

• I’m trying to install gitkraken via the AUR. However, I do not see “gitkraken” listed in pamac under AUR…which is so weird because I see it listed on AUR’s packages: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gitkraken/. How did you go about installing it via the AUR?

• Hey,
    you have to comment out the Antergos repo with an hashtag in the /etc/pacman.conf file. So the following three lines have to look like this:

#[antergos]
    #SigLevel = PackageRequired
    #Include = /etc/pacman.d/antergos-mirrorlist

After this, you can find gitkraken in the AUR.

• @der13teFreitag said in Gitkraken from the Antergos repo is crashing:

you have to comment out the Antergos repo

no need to do so, simple install it with yaourt:

╰─➤ yaourt gitkraken                                            
    1 antergos/gitkraken 2.6.0-1 (development) [installed: 2.6.0-2]
        The intuitive, fast, and beautiful cross-platform Git client.
    2 aur/gitkraken 2.6.0-2 [installed] (149) (10.03)
        The intuitive, fast, and beautiful cross-platform Git client.
    ==> Enter n° of packages to be installed (ex: 1 2 3 or 1-3)
    ==> -------------------------------------------------------
    ==>

uncommenting Antergos complete from pacman.conf will force problems later…

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• Yes, you are right. That is also possible.
    And I forgot to mention, that commenting out the Antergos repo should be done only for installing. Afterwards the repo should be included again, of course.

• Perfect. I’m going to give that a whirl. I just wish Antergos would just “keep their hands out of the cookie jar.” Because, they completely screwed me over, and I had to switch to Manjaro temporarily.

• @joekamprad Now, the aur repository for kraken is down.

repo15 gitkraken2 crashing5 Posts 14Views 1373