• Unable to login after installation

I just installed antergos and chose razor qt as the desktop environment.
    However I am unable to log on as its just stuck at the login page. I’ve opened the log at the login page and it said authentication successful but I’m still stuck at the login page.

• I just installed antergos and chose razor qt as the desktop environment.
    However I am unable to log on as its just stuck at the login page. I’ve opened the log at the login page and it said authentication successful but I’m still stuck at the login page.

• Hi,

I did experience this problem two days ago, I didn’t have the time to fix it.

Let me do some tests, but bear in mind that we (Antergos) are dropping support for razor-qt installations.

See this: [url:2ztlmhre]http://blog.lxde.org/?p=1046[/url:2ztlmhre]

Cheers!

• I reinstalled and am now using mate so everything’s good

• Hi,

Seeing that you’ve changed DE, I will not spend time trying to fix this…

I’ve removed Razor-qt from the list of available DE’s in Cnchi (Antergos installer)

Cheers!

• @“karasu”:1besus55 said:

I’ve removed Razor-qt from the list of available DE’s in Cnchi (Antergos installer)
    [/quote:1besus55]

Will Razor-qt be replaced by LXQT?

• @“Alphanumerix”:241vkdsp said:

Will Razor-qt be replaced by LXQT?[/quote:241vkdsp]Yes that is in the works

Cheers!

• Hi,
    I installed twice antergos, first it destroyed my opensuse on the another partition, because you can’t change the default grub to grub2, so I gues it destroyed my grub2 which started both opensuse and windows 8. (Before this, the previous version doesn’t even succesed to install, not even for the 5th time.) So I reinstalled antergos in text mode where I could chose the grub type to grub2, not even so it installed to the master grub, but with os-prober on opensuse I managed to get antergos in grub2.
    SO further on, I finally managed to start the antergos os and I reached the login screen, where I can’t login because my password isn’t correct, which password I use at every operation system for 3 years almost…

What should I do?

• Hi,

Sorry to hear about your installation troubles. It sounds like your installation did not complete the post-install configuration steps. Are you able to log in with the password you created from another VT? (From the login screen press Ctrl+Alt+F2) Also how is the quality/speed of your internet connection? A slow and/or intermittent connection will cause installation failures. I wouldn’t spend too much time figuring this out. Instead I recommend you to to install once more using the graphical installer. Follow these steps after the live system loads:

1. Exit the installer completely.
    2. Press Alt+F2, input “cnchi-dev”, and then press enter.
    3. Allow a few minutes for the installer to test the mirrors and select your best connections. There will not be any visible feedback while this occurs. It should not take longer than 3-5 minutes.
    4. When the installer opens, move forward with your install. NOTE: If you want to use your opensuse grub as the primary you should opt out of bootloader installation. If you choose to install the bootloader it will be installed as the master loader for the drive.

Please let me know the result.

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• Thanks, so I tried and it ended the same. I uncheck the box to not install on dev/sda with the same result, no grub found after I restart my laptop. After the installation proces it sad that there is a problem with the grub install, please check wiki. After that I rebooted and no grub found on my machine. And when I started the gparted it sad some problems with the GPT table, but my windows 8 and opensuse has no problem with it.

• The same problem persists with the console installation mode, after chosing grub2 and dev/sda for the grubs location.

• I reinstalled with console mode, adjusting grub2 to dev/sdb and it doesn’t deleted opensuse and windows grub, but ita impossible to log in…

• It would be helpfull if I could get a some help, I used “useradd” commands to create a new user with pasword, it created but with no luck. I am dissapointed and. I dont know whats the problem but I had no luck not for once to use Antergos.
    I reinstalled Opensuse twice and Antergos for fourth or fifth time and Its still doesnt work.

Sure I tried with Ctrl+Alt+F2 the “cnchi-dev” command with no luck,but I managed to install the grub correctly.

I like the design of the live image and the lock screen but it would be time to me for move in. With the graphical installer I couldn’t install the grub correctly so I remained at the console mode. But the truble with the login screen remains the same.

• Hi,

Are you booting the live image with UEFI or legacy bios mode? While in the live image the install logs can be found in the /tmp directory. Please post them here:

/tmp/cnchi.log  
    /tmp/postinstall.log

If you have access to the antergos root partition from your previous install attempt you can find the same logs located here instead:

/var/log/cnchi-2014-05-28.log  
    /tmp/postinstall.log

Are you using automatic or advanced mode from the installer? If you are using advanced, are you selecting GPT partitions or regular MSDOS?

Please provide the logs so I can help you find the problem and resolve it asap. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• Hi, I am using boot legacy mode, I reinstalled windows8, and deleted their sectors long ago.

In my partition where I installed antergos, the /tmp is empty. And also the fourth and fifth places (/tmp and /var) are empty, there is no log file.

What means to use the advanced install mode ? I use only the console mode, after which I do a “cnchi-dev” from the windows that appears.

• See the screenshot below. Which installation mode did you choose?

:exclamation:Sorry, this attachment is unavailable.

• Ok, now it’s clear. I coshed the advanced, the last one…
    I usually at each distro chose this method.

• Would you mind taking a screenshot of the advanced install screen showing the configuration you tried to use?

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• I managed to install Antergos in a way that doesn’t deleted Opensuse and Windows grub2, so if there is a chance I wouldn’t like to try another time, but I can tell you what have I done, step by step…

In this version (the one which doesn’t deleted the grub2) I had chosen the console mode installation, and at the end when it asked where I want to install the grub2, I have chosen “/dev/sdb” and not " /dev/sda".

• A picture from my partitions

If it helps,
    sda1 is the windows8 partition
    sda2 is the opensuse
    sda3 is the extended which has 3 parts:
    1. sda5 swap
    2. sda6 antergos
    3. sda7 home, both for opensuse and for antegos with different user name of course…

Posts 57Views 15692