• [Solved] Post-Install Cinnamon: Missing Icons

Fixed! TL:DR
    @“lots.0.logs”:627hd3q8 said:

For those having the issue with no menu or icons in cinnamon, run this command:

sudo chown -R ${USER}:users /home/${USER}

Replace ${USER} with your username.

[/quote:627hd3q8]
    Then reboot/logout.

@“Zenzou”:627hd3q8 said:

Hello all.
    I’m not sure if this is an install problem or a cinnamon problem, but my test installation(s) are missing the menu and date-time.

The menu icon is missing, but hovering over it with the mouse indicates it is there, but cannot access it; super-key does not work either.
    :exclamation:Sorry, this attachment is unavailable.

Time/Date and a few other things that are normally in the top right corner are also missing.

Thanks,
    Zenzou

• Fixed! TL:DR
    @“lots.0.logs”:627hd3q8 said:

Then reboot/logout.

@“Zenzou”:627hd3q8 said:

Hello all.
    I’m not sure if this is an install problem or a cinnamon problem, but my test installation(s) are missing the menu and date-time.

The menu icon is missing, but hovering over it with the mouse indicates it is there, but cannot access it; super-key does not work either.

Time/Date and a few other things that are normally in the top right corner are also missing.

Thanks,
    Zenzou

• Hi,

I will check on this ASAP. Try running this command to revert everything to default cinnamon settings:

gsettings reset- org.cinnamon

• Hello everyone, I follow a little Antergos but lately I also found the lack of the error menu of cinnamon 2.2.3 I installed the same version on ArchLinux without that annoying problem … the installation of cinnamon on Antergos is based on Arch repository or Antergos??
    How can I fix this??
    Thanks to all and sorry for my english

• @“lots.0.logs”:1rvvor6v said:

gsettings reset- org.cinnamon

incorrect syntax. I’ll play with it when I get back.

• Hi,

I can’t test it now because I’m not using Cinnamon, but maybe this helps:

gsettings reset-recursively org.cinnamon

(In fact, this may well be what lots.0.logs meant

• @“karasu”:31i83ijw said:

gsettings reset-recursively org.cinnamon

[/quote:31i83ijw]
    No go, still missing. Using 4.27 iso, cnchi 5.38 now, same problem.

• Try this:

sudo pacman -S librsvg

Please give a feedback after you get help so the thread can be set to solved.

• @“b1n0ry”:dp9sqsa7 said:

sudo pacman -S librsvg[/quote:dp9sqsa7]
    Unfortunately not; already installed and up to date.

• I will try to reproduce this tonight and hopefully have a solution for you soon

• So cinnamon from my older installation of Antergos is up-to-date and fixed, however new installations/test installations are having the issue described. Tested in VMWare as well as on an actual laptop.

• For those having the issue with no menu or icons in cinnamon, run this command:

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:1nv1m2kv said:

Cheers![/quote:1nv1m2kv]
    Worked after reboot/logging out! Thanks. Renamed title for clarity and marked as solved. Only problem is that the menu icon is significantly larger than everything else but that’s unimportant for this thread.

• @Zenzou

Working for me today (March 2016) :)

Posts 15Views 2973