• RAW file thumbnails in Nautilus

Nautilus doesn’t show thumbnails for RAW files. So I installed raw-thumbnailer, restarted Nautilus and still the same problem.

This ist the raw.thumbnailer file in /user/share/thumbnailers:

[Thumbnailer Entry]
    TryExec=/usr/bin/raw-thumbnailer
    Exec=/usr/bin/raw-thumbnailer -s %s %u %o
    MimeType=image/x-3fr;image/x-adobe-dng;image/x-arw;image/x-bay;image/x-canon-cr2;image/x-canon-crw;image/x-cap;image/x-cr2;image/x-crw;image/x-dcr;image/x-dcraw;image/x-dcs;image/x-dng;image/x-drf;image/x-eip;image/x-erf;image/x-fff;image/x-fuji-raf;image/x-iiq;image/x-k25;image/x-kdc;image/x-mef;image/x-minolta-mrw;image/x-mos;image/x-mrw;image/x-nef;image/x-nikon-nef;image/x-nrw;image/x-olympus-orf;image/x-orf;image/x-panasonic-raw;image/x-pef;image/x-pentax-pef;image/x-ptx;image/x-pxn;image/x-r3d;image/x-raf;image/x-raw;image/x-rw2;image/x-rwl;image/x-rwz;image/x-sigma-x3f;image/x-sony-arw;image/x-sony-sr2;image/x-sony-srf;image/x-sr2;image/x-srf;image/x-x3f;

• You need to quit nautilus and remove all thumbnails stored before:

nautilus -q
    rm -rf .cache/thumbnails/* .thumbnails/*

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    antergos:_rescue
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    :handshake: donate antergos

• Many thanks, but unfortunately it doesn’t work.

• @Gerhard .raw preview is one of the main and many reasons that I prefer using KDE.
    In gnome if you can not manage to make raw-thumbnailer to work properly, I suggest you to use darktable also as a .raw viewer and of course for .raw edditing.
    (also works fine for all other image formats)
    Just the Best!

• @linuxited Thanks, darktable is a really good recommendation.

Nevertheless, I just tried .raw preview on a second machine which runs Gnome Ubuntu 17.04. It works without any problems. So it seems not to be a Gnome issue.

• @Gerhard I hope that you will manage to make it work.
    I was never satisfied from nautilus with raw-thumbnailer speed and performance in every distro with gnome DE that I tried.

• raw-thumbnailer is also last updated 2016, may the package needs investigation to work with nautilus, and this is not already managed for the Archlinux package, i see also a gnome-raw-thumbnailer on github.

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    antergos:_rescue
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    :handshake: donate antergos

nautilus24 raw2 thumbnails1 Posts 7Views 1666
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.