• network printing with HP officejet Pro 8500

Hello, I have just installled antergos with KDE plasma version 5.9.5 and kernel Arch 4.10.11-1-Arch and have an issue getting it to print through the network on my hP officejet pro. I have another laptop running antergos with the same setup which manages to print fine on the network. I have noticed that the laptop that works is running an older hlpip driver, could this be the case? Also when I try to install the older driver as tar.gz from konsole it asks which variant of linux I have but it does not list Arch (debian, open suse etc.), does anyone know what can be done? thanks Philip

• do you try:

sudo hp-setup -i

for terminal based setup?

• Hi thanks, I did now try it but I get the following message from the terminal “error: No device selected/specified or that supports this functionality.”? The printer is visible in network settings and I can ping its IP address ok, so this is strange?

• You can try to find the printer within Cups Interface inside browser:

http://localhost:631

{When asking for password it will need root as user.}

• Thanks I did try network printing but I got a message that I was not authorised to proceed…however I found the solution, in the GUI for installing new printer in system administration, I simply put the correct network path as in my other KDE laptop with similar spec and it now works fine, so I will close this thread, thanks Philip

pro15 printing6 officejet3 85001 Posts 5Views 768
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.