• anteargos is stuck and doesn't load up

Im not sure where to post my issue , so i’ll try here.
    antergos on my laptop won’t load up anymore after i did an update and restarted. it stops at a message saying
    [ OK] Started Light Display Manager.
    [ OK ] Reached target Graphical Interface

and then nothing else happens after that except for a blinking bar , what do i do to fix this ?

• Make an Antergos Live USB and boot into it. Mount your / partition. Use arch-chroot to change your root directory to the directory you mounted. Refer to this article for arch-chroot environment: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/change_root.

Then, do a pacman -Syyu and see if it recovers. Update AUR packages as well.

• @cookiedemon said in anteargos is stuck and doesn't load up:

Im not sure where to post my issue , so i’ll try here.
    antergos on my laptop won’t load up anymore after i did an update and restarted. it stops at a message saying
    [ OK] Started Light Display Manager.
    [ OK ] Reached target Graphical Interface

and then nothing else happens after that except for a blinking bar , what do i do to fix this ?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GDM

Crtl+Alt+F2 ---------------->To enter a tty

and then

usuario y pass

and then

sudo pacman -S gdm

and then

sudo su
    systemctl stop lightdm
    systemctl disable lightdm
    systemctl enable gdm
    systemctl start gdm
    --------------->Here you will enter the login with GDM

luck !!!

Autodidacta en la VIDA …y en Linux, también.

• entering usuario y pass in terminal gives me command not found

• @judd sudo pacman -S gdm gives me

error could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/community.db: Unrecognized archive format
    error could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/multilib.db: Unrecognized archive format
    error: target not found: gdm

• @judd actually the last bottom 5 things worked for me and now i have a different log in screen, but now i cant even log into my xfce or cinnamon anymore, i can only log into gnome + my wacom tablet isnt working properly for me anymore in it , is there anyone around here with native english speaking skills that can help me out ? I have many problems

is there anyone around here with native english speaking skills that can help me out ?

If you are going to do much better than one @joekamprad o @developers

I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused you…

/var/lib/pacman/sync

https://github.com/Antergos/antergos-packages/blob/master/antergos/antergos-mirrorlist/antergos-mirrorlist

sudo rm /var/lib/pacman/sync/antergos.db

and

sudo pacman -Syyu

• @judd naaw ,no worries, u havn’t caused me any inconvenience at all, you actually helped me to achieve my goal of logging back on so thats pretty cool, but i got several more problems now than i had before ,and got tons of new questions, but at least i can now backup all my files and do a fresh install of antergos, and thats whats most important right now , i reckon this time around ill go plasma + xfce

• Hi,

error could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/community.db: Unrecognized archive format
    error could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/multilib.db: Unrecognized archive format

You have your databases corrupted. This could mean many things, but check your harddisk in case it’s failing…

Cheers!

• @karasu i was able to get back in , but that display manager gave me issues where my wacom tablet wasnt working properly , so i backed up everything then reinstalled . So im fine

stuck23 anteargos1 Posts 11Views 443