• Unreal engine package in AUR

Hello linux gurus, I just switched off of kubuntu and am trying to get off windows 10 permanently. But to do so I need to get Unreal engine working. Under the AUR package when I try to install it it is saying that I need clang above 4.0.0 when I checked I have 4.0.1 so is there a way to get this working?

• here is clang-3.5 aviable at repo/extra:
    clang35
    And before building make shure that you do nor run out of /tmp as read here:
    https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/unreal-engine/?comments=all

• that looks neat, but if its still at this stage, I guess I will have to maintain the dam windows 10, I can’t have my workflow interrupted over some iffy version of unreal right now. Thanks though👍

• what i understand the engine itself does not support clang bigger then 4…

• B.T.W. AUR does not host packages only Build instructions to build a package on your own ;)
    {caus of your TOPIC: " Unreal engine package in AUR}

• @nicholas.romanticrose
    Hi!
    Can’t you just change the pkgbuild from makedepends=('clang<4.0.0' to makedepends=('clang<4.0.1'?
    Maybe will work.

• I also experienced same thing long time ago when I move to antergos. I was going to compile Unreal but it needs clang 3.8.0 and I have 3.9.0
    So I downgrade clang to 3.8.0 with downgrade from aur, and changing TMPDIR in /etc/yaourtrc to somewhere with lot of free space if using yaourt.

aur54 unreal3 engine3 Posts 7Views 1124
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.