• Which Music Player is it worth testing?

You all are kidding, aren’t you?!! Off course,

CANTATA (the mpd client).

It’s head and shoulders above all the rest, in fact, sorry folks, all the others are jokes!

Lollypop, a seemingly new player, looks somewhat promising though I haven’t tried it. Babe-qt looks promising too but seems to be in danger of tight KDE integration in the future.

• I just started using desktop players again (streaming to MP3) and Lollypop is very nice and pretty much exactly what I want…

The only issue I am having is there is no volume control? Is that correct? The only control is your system volume? That makes no sense as when I have music playing or a video on other apps my system volume shows 100% and i can’t turn it up anymore.

• @noobertroon i havent used lollypop that long but ya i cant find the volume control either.

• Seems Gnome Devs reduce to more minimalism:
    https://github.com/gnumdk/lollypop/issues/404

• What are you using as a system wide equalizer?

When I was using Windows I loved APO Equalizer. But now that I don’t use Windows anymore, I miss a good complete system wide EQ.

Thank you!

• Bild Text

$ sudo pacman -S pulseaudio-equalizer
    pactl load-module  module-dbus-protocol
    qpaeq

• @joekamprad said in Which Music Player is it worth testing?:

Bild Text

$ sudo pacman -S pulseaudio-equalizer
    pactl load-module  module-dbus-protocol
    qpaeq

• @joekamprad oh! Look a little bit simple, but I think it could do it! I’ll try it to night! Ty!

• @judd look a little bit too complicated and and for expert audio producer! XD

• @iSpeakVeryWell said in Which Music Player is it worth testing?:

@judd look a little bit too complicated and and for expert audio producer! XD

It seems complicated, but it is not at all, simply there to give you an opportunity, besides its performance is excellent and goes very fine!

• Yes sound quality is very clear, and effects have high quality too, also nice option to choose and mute sources.

• As far as I’m concerned, I highly recommend Spotify to have a test, in which you can listen to music, playlists, audiobooks with no cost, but it required to use it online. While, it doesn’t matter as there are so many third-party software, like AudFree Spotify Music Converter for Mac/Windows, allowing to download Spotify content for offline listening with ease by doing three clicks.
    So just have a try of Spotify music player, you will love it.

• I’m using Strawberry from community repo which is a fork of Clementine. I initially tried it because it allows bit perfect output to my external dac. Stuck with it ever since.

• @anivegmin thanks for the headsup for this playlist, its clementine but more a playlist , clementine has more i thought but is sweet :)

player17 music14 testing9 worth2 Posts 58Views 12555
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.