• GNOME Desktop environment not loading - no login screen

Hi guys, I’ve made the transition to Linux and Antergos about a month ago and have been happily using Antergos until about recently when there was a large system update: post that the GNOME desktop does not start.

I have attempted to reinstall Antergos with the same result - there is no login screen (whether lightDM or GDM).

When I installed the base and then installed GDM, GNOME and Nvidia drivers I was able to login and the desktop environment loaded; albeit with about 1GB memory usage straight away when this used to be about 540mb.

I am currently stumped and although I can install everything with the base I am concerned as to why its taking up so much resources.

System specs are:
    256GB SSD
    GeForce 1060

Much obliged if anyone could shed some light or guide in the right direction.

• This problem has now been solved simply by bringing up another TTY (CTRL+ALT+F4) and disabled LIGHTDM and installing GDM and enabling it.

Otherwise installing the base straight with GDM does not cause the issue to occur.

• If you get huge Disk space and a lot of datalike Music files or pictures Gnome takes a lot of rescources at first boots, because of Tracker is filling the database.
    Me as i do not use gnome-software tools like gnome-music gnome-photos gnome-documents i completly uninstall this. [tracker]

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    i3-°-GNOME <-- yes i just switch back!

gnome276 login93 loading20 environment6 Posts 3Views 534
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.