• KDE Cnchi Installer from DVD

cnchi must have some bugs when installing KDE from the latest DVD iso image, because several programs weren’t installed, but since I’m experienced, I could just install them - they were from the AUR.

When the installed KDE starts I get some curious errors, one was that dolphin wasn’t correctly associated with file manager.

The other was that gnome-tweak-tool wasn’t installed, but I’m reinstalling my old /home partitions and perhaps it was settings from my previous KDE install which I installed from Antergos DVD but the first time I installed GNOME but I’m still not happy with it because I do things much faster with Menus and not the new style applications, expecially nautilus which is great, I just wish it was the same formatting as GNOME 2.

Other applications not installed but that were giving me error messages were docky, the message "could not find “Manjaro-Welcome”, some application starting with g that was a program that found the application you wanted by typing the name,

When I start KDE annoyingly a full screen Konsole appears with the now running docky behind it and the menu bar hidden, etc.

But it works but it’s too much for beginners who should have it just work right so they can do something and learn afterwards. The way it was for my install needed some moderate experience.

Best wishes,

• Other applications not installed but that were giving me error messages were docky, the message "could not find “Manjaro-Welcome”, some application starting with g that was a program that found the application you wanted by typing the name,

It’s obvious that you were using some Manjaro and other installed apps that are not installed by default in Antergos. I’m positive you wouldn’t experienced all these issues with a new user (or with a clean /home).

Cheers!

• @karasu Thank you very much, a reinstallation worked perfectly.

kde96 installer32 cnchi101 dvd3 Posts 3Views 175