• update forces mate-calc [default calculator app]

Since a while, any update forces to install mate-calc and kicks out my beloved galculator.
    (I love it, because of it’s ‘paper-mode’. Unbeatable.)
    Is there a way of setting galculator to ‘default’, so I don’t have to uninstall mate-calc and reinstall galculator all the time?

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.)

Antergos with an XFCE, Core2Duo CPU E8200 and 3GB RAM in a Lenovo A57 box from 2009, nVidia GeForce GT 710 1GB, SSD 120GB

• I don’t think this would be the “recommended” approach, but…

I prefer Galculator over mate-calc, too, so several weeks back I decided to switch the repo priorities, putting the Antergos repos last instead of first. I don’t know if this will break my Antergos installation or not, but now pacman no longer tries to replace galculator with mate-calc.

• @mirco Hi!
    I GUESS you can just configure the calculator updates to be ignored, then the message won’t pop up. I always thought Mate/Gnome calculator were the same. Anyway i don’t use it anymore, i like SpeedCrunch, many funcionalities, higly configurable yet very simple.

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• @fernandomaroto Thanks for mentioning speedcrunch. I like it and now I’m using it. :sun_with_face:

Deinstalled galculator and then the update-manager stops installing mate-calc.

This is an ok solution for me, though not perfect, since other people still are forced to use mate-calc instead of galculator.

Antergos with an XFCE, Core2Duo CPU E8200 and 3GB RAM in a Lenovo A57 box from 2009, nVidia GeForce GT 710 1GB, SSD 120GB

galculator1 mate-calc1 Posts 4Views 238