• Use touchpad to turn screen back on

When my screen turns off using power management in KDE (haven’t tried other DEs) i have to close my lid then open it again in order to turn the screen back on. This is not when the screen turns off after the latop has been sitting idle for 10 mins or so, it’s usually after 30 minutes or so when the screen has actually switched off and not just turned off to a blank screen for screensaver purposes. I hope you understand what I’m talking about.
    Anyway, how to I make it so when my screen power turns off (not from suspend BTW, as the laptop is still turned on and functioning) it turns back on again after input from the keyboard or touchpad?

• @christianbrooker said in Use touchpad to turn screen back on:

it’s usually after 30 minutes or so when the screen has actually switched off and not just turned off to a blank screen for screensaver purposes. I hope you understand what I’m talking about.

Sorry, it is not clear.

@christianbrooker said in Use touchpad to turn screen back on:

Anyway, how to I make it so when my screen power turns off (not from suspend BTW, as the laptop is still turned on and functioning) it turns back on again after input from the keyboard or touchpad?

In my case, hitting the Enter key, is enough
    Cheers

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• ok, i’ve figured out what’s going on. so my screen goes black by the the “dim screen” option in power management. the screen turns off when the screen turn off is checked in power management. so my problem happens when the screen turns off.

touchpad30 screen16 power9 kde104 Posts 3Views 204