• Can't Update System

You will probably need more information. Ask away. This is what happens on my system. My initial reaction is to reinstall the whole system, but then, wasn’t I promised that I only ever had to install once?

$ sudo pacman -Syu
    [sudo] password for wayne: 
    :: Synchronizing package databases...
     antergos is up to date     0.0   B  0.00B/s 00:00 [----------------------]   0%
     core is up to date
     extra is up to date
     community is up to date
     multilib is up to date
    :: Starting full system upgrade...
    resolving dependencies...
    looking for conflicting packages...

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
    :: gnome-settings-daemon-redshift: installing gnome-desktop (1:3.24.1-1) breaks dependency 'gnome-desktop<1:3.24'
  • I am getting the same error with a different dependency reference. This is since upgrading the day before yesterday.

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
    :: gstreamer0.10-good-plugins: installing libsoup (2.58.0-1) breaks dependency 'libsoup-gnome'

• @shwaybotx

::`error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
    :: gnome-settings-daemon-redshift: installing gnome-desktop (1:3.24.1-1) breaks dependency 'gnome-desktop<1:3.24'

It seems that you ll have to do without gnome-settings-daemon-redshift for the time being:angel:

@opalepatrick , check this out:
    https://forum.antergos.com/topic/6694/cannot-update-libsoup-due-to-gstreamer-good/2

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch said in Can't Update System:

@shwaybotx

::`error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)

It seems that you ll have to do without gnome-settings-daemon-redshift for the time being:angel:

@opalepatrick , check this out:
    https://forum.antergos.com/topic/6694/cannot-update-libsoup-due-to-gstreamer-good/2

Thank you. I could see that too. However, when I did a sudo pacman -R gnome-settings-daemon-redshift I was asked if I was sure I wanted to uninstall gnome 3. This seemed like an endless loop of dependencies and since I was in gnome 3 at the time I got frustrated.

I took the extreme approach, which was remarkably painless and not very time consuming.

What I did was reinstall Antergos but chose not to reformat /home … that kept all my settings in tact, even my rotating wallpaper for which I am so proud. My system had dozens of unnecessary DE’s like Plasma, KDE, Xfce, Cinnamon, ad infinitum, for testing purposes. I was asking for conflicts. Decided to go back to the KISS philosophy and start afresh.

system53 Posts 4Views 466