• Xorg stopped, KDE won't run, drivers don't seem to work.

Since I don’t know how to post outputs here because I can’t get into a DE nor i have the internet to upload somehow (my wifi drivers seem to have stopped working and I got no ethernet and tethered doesn’t work either) I’m gonna have to do this bit by bit.
    To make this short, today I installed around 200MB of updates, so there probably were some new linux-headers and linux kernel versions. I restarted and then it was stuck in a loop at the login screen, I wasn’t able to get into TTY for some reason. I googled a bit and ran into someone saying he booted from installation media and did pacman -U to install an older version of headers and kernel. So I did that but I forgot to do umount /dev/sdb2 and it looks like it left unmounted. Then when I booted into the OS I got the black screen and the cursor. That’s when TTY started to work but Xorg and KDE wouldn’t run. Starting KDE using startkde gives me:
    $DISPLAY is not set or cannot connect to the X server
    and starting Xorg with startx gives me something like this:

[KMS] drm report modesetting isn't supported. Fatal server error: (EE) Cannot run in framebuffer mode. Please specify busIDs for all framebuffer devices. (EE) Please consult the x.org foundation support. (EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file
    xinit: giving up
    xinit: unable to connect to X server: connection refused
    xinit: server error
    Xorg.0.log is a long one but this might be interesting where it says:
    FBDEV(3): using default device
    Screen 0 deleted because of no matching config section.
    UnloadModule: "radeon"
    UnloadModule: "modesetting"
    UnloadModule: "fbdev"
    UnloadSubModule: "fbdevhw"

As a failsafe, is there a way I could backup my system via this TTY to an external hard drive?
    Helping me solve this will probably be a hassle so I appreciate anyone trying to help me (getting to my files is my primary goal so if I can copy them I can simply re-install the system).
    My arch installation was installed using antergos, KDE , 4.10.11-1, xorg version: 1.19.3, lightdm.

If this question isn’t suitable in this section of the forum please move it. Thanks 🙂

• after today`s update ~300mb i have the same bug as you. at login screen in lightdm i enter my password and lightdm restart. i use livecd and usb memory to copy my data and now i reinstall all. probably some todays package break the system 😕 i unable to fix this - i fight with this about 2h (i first uninstall with pacman -Rcs and install again lightdm, webkit2-greeter, kernel, xorg and xorg-server, mesa and xf86-video-intel) nothing help. probably they will fix this in near future so maybe tomorror if you wait and do system update from terminal packman -Syu the system will be fixed but I could not wait 😕

• I doubt a simple update would fix my shenanigans. Anyways like I said, no internet = no update. My wifi card isn’t even detected. No interface for it.

EDIT: I managed to recover my files using Ext2Fsd which lets me access ext4 partitions on windows.

kde149 drivers40 xorg24 stopped6 Posts 3Views 617
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.