• Xorg stopped, KDE won't run, drivers don't seem to work.

Since I don’t know how to post outputs here because I can’t get into a DE nor i have the internet to upload somehow (my wifi drivers seem to have stopped working and I got no ethernet and tethered doesn’t work either) I’m gonna have to do this bit by bit.
    To make this short, today I installed around 200MB of updates, so there probably were some new linux-headers and linux kernel versions. I restarted and then it was stuck in a loop at the login screen, I wasn’t able to get into TTY for some reason. I googled a bit and ran into someone saying he booted from installation media and did pacman -U to install an older version of headers and kernel. So I did that but I forgot to do umount /dev/sdb2 and it looks like it left unmounted. Then when I booted into the OS I got the black screen and the cursor. That’s when TTY started to work but Xorg and KDE wouldn’t run. Starting KDE using startkde gives me:
    $DISPLAY is not set or cannot connect to the X server
    and starting Xorg with startx gives me something like this:

[KMS] drm report modesetting isn't supported. Fatal server error: (EE) Cannot run in framebuffer mode. Please specify busIDs for all framebuffer devices. (EE) Please consult the x.org foundation support. (EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file
    xinit: giving up
    xinit: unable to connect to X server: connection refused
    xinit: server error
    Xorg.0.log is a long one but this might be interesting where it says:
    FBDEV(3): using default device
    Screen 0 deleted because of no matching config section.
    UnloadModule: "radeon"
    UnloadModule: "modesetting"
    UnloadModule: "fbdev"
    UnloadSubModule: "fbdevhw"

As a failsafe, is there a way I could backup my system via this TTY to an external hard drive?
    Helping me solve this will probably be a hassle so I appreciate anyone trying to help me (getting to my files is my primary goal so if I can copy them I can simply re-install the system).
    My arch installation was installed using antergos, KDE , 4.10.11-1, xorg version: 1.19.3, lightdm.

If this question isn’t suitable in this section of the forum please move it. Thanks :)

• after today`s update ~300mb i have the same bug as you. at login screen in lightdm i enter my password and lightdm restart. i use livecd and usb memory to copy my data and now i reinstall all. probably some todays package break the system :/ i unable to fix this - i fight with this about 2h (i first uninstall with pacman -Rcs and install again lightdm, webkit2-greeter, kernel, xorg and xorg-server, mesa and xf86-video-intel) nothing help. probably they will fix this in near future so maybe tomorror if you wait and do system update from terminal packman -Syu the system will be fixed but I could not wait :/

• I doubt a simple update would fix my shenanigans. Anyways like I said, no internet = no update. My wifi card isn’t even detected. No interface for it.

EDIT: I managed to recover my files using Ext2Fsd which lets me access ext4 partitions on windows.

stopped4 drivers29 kde97 xorg22 Posts 3Views 154