• \[SOLVED\] how to play quicktime ?

I need to play quicktime in firefox, before I could use totem-plugins which worked just fine, now the gnome got rif off that so I need a replacement.

• I need to play quicktime in firefox, before I could use totem-plugins which worked just fine, now the gnome got rif off that so I need a replacement.

• You can try one of these:

gecko-mediaplayer  
    xine-plugin (AUR)  
    mozplugger (AUR)

-OR- you could just install VLC and be done with it

Cheers!

• I have VLC installed and no effect or do I need to do some extra steps to make it work ? I’ve tried gecko and its not working.

• Hmm…it should work (it does with Chromium)…try mozplugger and if that doesnt work I’m know npapi-vlc will!

Cheers!

• just installed mozplugger and even rebooted to find out its not working. I get one empty grey square.

• Check the wiki, I believe mozplugger has a config file

• I’ll look but something tells me that I might give up

• Did you figure it out? I’m not a firefox user (nor a GNOME user for that matter) BUT I think gecko-mediaplayer and/or mozplugger will work if you have mplayer installed.

Cheers!

• no I didn’t I also posted that question in arch forums and no solution so far.

• not working I’ve installed both gnome-player and gecko, rebooted, checked apple trailers and nothing but a grey square.

• Whats the url to the movie you are trying to play?

• after updating totem it just works. so case solved

• Ah, so I guess it was a bug after all? GLad its working

• totem wasn’t current, it was added later. It still needs some work but it works for quicktime apple trailers at least.

Posts 17Views 2979