• \[SOLVED\] how to play quicktime ?

I need to play quicktime in firefox, before I could use totem-plugins which worked just fine, now the gnome got rif off that so I need a replacement.

• I need to play quicktime in firefox, before I could use totem-plugins which worked just fine, now the gnome got rif off that so I need a replacement.

• You can try one of these:

gecko-mediaplayer  
    xine-plugin (AUR)  
    mozplugger (AUR)

-OR- you could just install VLC and be done with it

Cheers!

• I have VLC installed and no effect or do I need to do some extra steps to make it work ? I’ve tried gecko and its not working.

• Hmm…it should work (it does with Chromium)…try mozplugger and if that doesnt work I’m know npapi-vlc will!

Cheers!

• just installed mozplugger and even rebooted to find out its not working. I get one empty grey square.

• Check the wiki, I believe mozplugger has a config file

• I’ll look but something tells me that I might give up

• Did you figure it out? I’m not a firefox user (nor a GNOME user for that matter) BUT I think gecko-mediaplayer and/or mozplugger will work if you have mplayer installed.

Cheers!

• no I didn’t I also posted that question in arch forums and no solution so far.

• not working I’ve installed both gnome-player and gecko, rebooted, checked apple trailers and nothing but a grey square.

• Whats the url to the movie you are trying to play?

• after updating totem it just works. so case solved

• Ah, so I guess it was a bug after all? GLad its working

• totem wasn’t current, it was added later. It still needs some work but it works for quicktime apple trailers at least.

Posts 17Views 3641
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.