• pamac-manager authentication failed error

Hi,

Everytime i run pacmac-manager (not as root) and try to install a package from AUR, after pressing ‘Commit’ a window apperars showing only the message “Authentication failed”.

I think its something broken after an update.

There is no output on the terminal. System is up-to-date.
    Window manager is I3.

Any help will be apreciated.
    Thanks

• Authentication failed do you have gksu or similar installed? pamac needs to invoke authentification to install packages

• @joekamprad Thanks,
    Now gksu is installed, but the problem persists :(
    After hitting “commit” button the error window appears.

• and if you go on settings of pamac GUI? it ask for password?

• @joekamprad No, “Options button > Preferences” does nothing, no password prompt, no error message. The preferences window appears only if pamac is run with sudo.

• i do not have a clue on I3 so may @fernandomaroto ? as i rememeber has experience with it?

• @MrBtx Hi, under i3-wm none of the polkit and keyring are installed/loaded unless you configure it.
    First install them:
    sudo pacman -S polkit-gnome gnome-keyring

Then set them to start in your i3-wm config file ~/.config/i3 adding the line below:

exec --no-startup-id /usr/lib/polkit-gnome/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1 & eval $(gnome-keyring-daemon -s --components=pkcs11,secrets,ssh,gpg) &

That will work, i had to do the same when i started using i3-wm.

Cheers

• The solution from fernandomaroto works and fixed it, solved.

pamac70 aur58 update57 authentication13 Posts 9Views 8865
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.