• Wykedengel's Installation Log

Figured I’d create a log to memorialize my journey in installing Antergos on my Lenovo Ideapad S400. I’ll try to leave out things about which I can search the forums and add poignant things here.

• Figured I’d create a log to memorialize my journey in installing Antergos on my Lenovo Ideapad S400. I’ll try to leave out things about which I can search the forums and add poignant things here.

• Used the testing script to install GNOME 3.12.1 on Dreamweaver (Dream). The installation went smooth, so no problems there. First issue ran across connecting to wireless networks. I still have to edit the connection manually for it to work as I am never asked for a wireless password. Wired ethernet worked without issue.

• Went to Online Accounts and, well, added an account. Unfortunately, no sooner than I entered my Gmail account and tried Empathy, did I receive an error message. When I went back into Online Accounts, I saw that my credentials had expired. When signing back in, I receive a “Failed to store credentials in the keyring” error. Only problem, I was never received the keyring option.

• @“wykedengel”:102hzsxp said:

Went to Online Accounts and, well, added an account. Unfortunately, no sooner than I entered my Gmail account and tried Empathy, did I receive an error message. When I went back into Online Accounts, I saw that my credentials had expired. When signing back in, I receive a “Failed to store credentials in the keyring” error. Only problem, I was never received the keyring option.[/quote:102hzsxp]

Tried the fix that was in this post, but no success: [url:102hzsxp]http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1607&p=6838&hilit=keyring#p6838[/url:102hzsxp]

• While here on the forums and browsing the web using Chromium, I notice the browser freezes for about 15 seconds when opening a new tab. Doesn’t happen all the time, however, so reproducing it seems a little difficult to do. But I have read on the Google+ community that others have experienced similar issues.

• I got the same problems with chromium and the Gnome-Keyring before.
    I created the ~/.config/autostart/gnome-keyring-daemon.desktop file and pasted the following:

[Desktop Entry]  
    Type=Application  
    Exec=/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon  
    Hidden=false  
    NoDisplay=false  
    X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true  
    Name[en\_US]=Gnome Keyring Daemon  
    Name=Gnome Keyring Daemon  
    Comment[en\_US]=Load gnome keyring daemon  
    Comment=Load gnome keyring daemon

Its works for me.

• Works here, also. Time to press forward.

@“MichaelTiebesl”:3j8ns2bx said:

I got the same problems with chromium and the Gnome-Keyring before.
    I created the ~/.config/autostart/gnome-keyring-daemon.desktop file and pasted the following:

[Desktop Entry]  
    > Type=Application  
    > Exec=/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon  
    > Hidden=false  
    > NoDisplay=false  
    > X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true  
    > Name[en\_US]=Gnome Keyring Daemon  
    > Name=Gnome Keyring Daemon  
    > Comment[en\_US]=Load gnome keyring daemon  
    > Comment=Load gnome keyring daemon

Its works for me.

• Ended the experiment short to try something I think I am going to be happy with. Brought out the old install from November 2013 and replaced the mirrors with the ones from testing. Did the following:

sudo pacman -Syy git --noconfirm

and then installed as usual. I am left with a 3.12.1 GNOME desktop and everything seems working out the box. I did not run the testing script wanted to see if I could install without it and it worked.

Going to stay with the current installation until a new stable drops. This has indeed been one heck of a learning experience. But I am happy to say that Antergos is the OS for me.

Posts 9Views 1686