• Wykedengel's Installation Log

Figured I’d create a log to memorialize my journey in installing Antergos on my Lenovo Ideapad S400. I’ll try to leave out things about which I can search the forums and add poignant things here.

• Figured I’d create a log to memorialize my journey in installing Antergos on my Lenovo Ideapad S400. I’ll try to leave out things about which I can search the forums and add poignant things here.

• Used the testing script to install GNOME 3.12.1 on Dreamweaver (Dream). The installation went smooth, so no problems there. First issue ran across connecting to wireless networks. I still have to edit the connection manually for it to work as I am never asked for a wireless password. Wired ethernet worked without issue.

• Went to Online Accounts and, well, added an account. Unfortunately, no sooner than I entered my Gmail account and tried Empathy, did I receive an error message. When I went back into Online Accounts, I saw that my credentials had expired. When signing back in, I receive a “Failed to store credentials in the keyring” error. Only problem, I was never received the keyring option.

• @“wykedengel”:102hzsxp said:

Went to Online Accounts and, well, added an account. Unfortunately, no sooner than I entered my Gmail account and tried Empathy, did I receive an error message. When I went back into Online Accounts, I saw that my credentials had expired. When signing back in, I receive a “Failed to store credentials in the keyring” error. Only problem, I was never received the keyring option.[/quote:102hzsxp]

Tried the fix that was in this post, but no success: [url:102hzsxp]http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1607&p=6838&hilit=keyring#p6838[/url:102hzsxp]

• While here on the forums and browsing the web using Chromium, I notice the browser freezes for about 15 seconds when opening a new tab. Doesn’t happen all the time, however, so reproducing it seems a little difficult to do. But I have read on the Google+ community that others have experienced similar issues.

• I got the same problems with chromium and the Gnome-Keyring before.
    I created the ~/.config/autostart/gnome-keyring-daemon.desktop file and pasted the following:

[Desktop Entry]  
    Type=Application  
    Exec=/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon  
    Hidden=false  
    NoDisplay=false  
    X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true  
    Name[en\_US]=Gnome Keyring Daemon  
    Name=Gnome Keyring Daemon  
    Comment[en\_US]=Load gnome keyring daemon  
    Comment=Load gnome keyring daemon

Its works for me.

• Works here, also. Time to press forward.

@“MichaelTiebesl”:3j8ns2bx said:

I got the same problems with chromium and the Gnome-Keyring before.
    I created the ~/.config/autostart/gnome-keyring-daemon.desktop file and pasted the following:

[Desktop Entry]  
    > Type=Application  
    > Exec=/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon  
    > Hidden=false  
    > NoDisplay=false  
    > X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true  
    > Name[en\_US]=Gnome Keyring Daemon  
    > Name=Gnome Keyring Daemon  
    > Comment[en\_US]=Load gnome keyring daemon  
    > Comment=Load gnome keyring daemon

Its works for me.

• Ended the experiment short to try something I think I am going to be happy with. Brought out the old install from November 2013 and replaced the mirrors with the ones from testing. Did the following:

sudo pacman -Syy git --noconfirm

and then installed as usual. I am left with a 3.12.1 GNOME desktop and everything seems working out the box. I did not run the testing script wanted to see if I could install without it and it worked.

Going to stay with the current installation until a new stable drops. This has indeed been one heck of a learning experience. But I am happy to say that Antergos is the OS for me.

Posts 9Views 2597
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.