• Best guide for Antergos on MacBookPro Late 2013?

Hi,

I have a late 2015 MBP I’d like to install Antergos on. I’m new to this, so I’ve searched for reliable guides. However, I have found a huge variety of advice, mostly relevant to other models and variations of Arch (e.g. Manjaro or Arch itself). Because these differ, I’m scared to proceed in case I screw something up. (I give the specifics of my model below).

Additionally, I am a little confused about some details:

1. Is it preferable to dual boot OSX and Linux or go for Linux only? I heard that dual booting is the only way to go if I want future firmware updates. Others have said dual booting is more likely to result in errors.

2. If I should dual boot, I should partition my HD to give space for the Linux (in this case Antergos) install. If so, is there a good guide for doing this? The last time I partitioned a drive was in 2002 on a Windows machine…

3. I have seen that I might need to install a different bootloader. I hear a lot of talk about EFI, but not sure what it all means.

So, with that in mind, does anyone know of a good guide I could use for the following MacBook Pro? The result I’d like to achieve is something like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLH3G8V6zVk

My MacBookPro is the following.

Late 2013
    15.4" Retina display
    1TB SSD
    Video: Iris Intel Pro + NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions/explanations of where to turn.

• @RoundRWay Check this Wiki for a MBP mid 2012 with dual boot MacOS X and Antergos:
    antergos.com/wiki/desktops/gnome/install-dual-boot-macos-x-antergos-on-a-macbookpro-91-mid-2012/

Works smooth, but still one problem that multiple monitors doesn’t work.

I am thinking to reinstall Antergos with the same settings as in the wiki page above and follow after that this Wiki page to get multiple monitors working:
    antergos.com/wiki/hardware/graphics/bumblebee-for-nvidia-optimus/

• I don’t know the answer about HOW to do it on a MacBookPro as I don’t currently have one, but as for the details you are confused about, I myself was in that same position half a year ago.

1. I know this may be an unpopular opinion with Linux users, but I actually prefer dual-booting Linux and (in my case, Windows) due to the increased number of available apps for my non-Linux OS. For functionality and everyday use, I head straight to my Linux OS.
    2. As for a good guide, I actually came across this same issue recently. Another Antergos user ended up pointing me in the right direction with this article. Granted, its for windows, but it may at least help you get started.
    3. The Grub bootloader is just a bootloader that Linux utilizes. It shouldn’t cause much of an issue unless you later wish to get rid of Antergos (this applies to any distro, or distrubution). In that case, just Google the correct way to go about removing it, before just randomly deleting your Linux partitions. As for EFI, it simply refers to newer computers (like mine) that use EUFI rather than BIOS. It shouldn’t be that much of an issue as Antergos is compatible with people like us who have EUFI (assuming you do as well since you are asking about it. If you are unaware of whether or not you do, simply Google it).

Hope this helped and good luck!

Keep trying, never give up. In the end, you will find that it was all worth it

https://sourceforge.net/projects/antergos-deepin
    https://linuxbasicssite.wordpress.com

macbookpro1 guide2 20131 late2 Posts 3Views 237