• Intel Video acceleration

Hello
    I got a GoPro Session 5 yesterday and recorded some videos.

At 1080p60 Mplayer can pay videos smoothly while VLC has artifacts and shows only some still images. I tried to edit a video with OpenShot and that software had issues with it as well.

Now my question: How do I verify that video acceleration works properly on my machine? I have an Asus UX31E with Intel® Core™ i5-2557M CPU @ 1.70GHz × 4 and 4GB of DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM.
    Intel® QS67 Express Chipset
    Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 3000

I know it might be the age of my computer as well. Or something with codecs but since MPlayer plays the video properly I am not sure about that.

• Hi there,

You can have a look at this page: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Hardware_video_acceleration. They suggest ‘mpv’ tool for testing and some useful info for configuration.

I have never tried openshot. But, I have experienced quite some difference between mplayer and vlc especially on older hardware. (Who knows why?) Sticking to mplayer ever since.

Cheers,

• Thanks @psscnp142 but I don’t see how ths mpv-player helps. It does play the videos well but not more.

I thought there would be a command to figure out what graphics driver is used et cetera.

intel36 video32 acceleration5 Posts 3Views 498
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.