• Like 0

Intel Video acceleration

Hello
    I got a GoPro Session 5 yesterday and recorded some videos.

At 1080p60 Mplayer can pay videos smoothly while VLC has artifacts and shows only some still images. I tried to edit a video with OpenShot and that software had issues with it as well.

Now my question: How do I verify that video acceleration works properly on my machine? I have an Asus UX31E with Intel® Core™ i5-2557M CPU @ 1.70GHz × 4 and 4GB of DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM.
    Intel® QS67 Express Chipset
    Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 3000

I know it might be the age of my computer as well. Or something with codecs but since MPlayer plays the video properly I am not sure about that.

• Like 0

Hi there,

You can have a look at this page: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Hardware_video_acceleration. They suggest ‘mpv’ tool for testing and some useful info for configuration.

I have never tried openshot. But, I have experienced quite some difference between mplayer and vlc especially on older hardware. (Who knows why?) Sticking to mplayer ever since.

Cheers,

• Like 0

Thanks @psscnp142 but I don’t see how ths mpv-player helps. It does play the videos well but not more.

I thought there would be a command to figure out what graphics driver is used et cetera.

intel20 acceleration1 video13 Posts 3Views 86