Ok so far only Mcgyver way worked, using virtualbox hehehe.
*unfortunately Antergos is unbootable under VB when a partition is created during installation, only “erase and install” works in VB, so i can’t boot here for further tests.
It’s booting fine now, i guess i perfected the method
TESTED on USB, anyway i’m not responsible with any problems you face, i recommend you to test in USB drivers first for learning the procedure.
- Install Antergos in USB (real install not burned image)
1.1) optional, set aditional partitions like swap, /home etc
(pendrive won’t boot in VB)
Boot the USB
- Install VB and all it’s stuffs
- unmount the parition where you want to install the new OS:
- Change the drive permissions
sudo chmod 777 /dev/sdX
- Create a vmdk link to the real hd with:
sudo VBoxManage internalcommands createrawvmdk -filename path/to/file/filename.vmdk -rawdisk /dev/sdX
- Change the vmdk ownership:
sudo chown your_user:users path/to/file/your_file.vmdk
X means you partition, if is an unalocated USB you can use sdb, sdc, but if was formated and contain 1 or more partition you should use sdb1, sdc1,sdb2 in step 5
OBS: can be sda, sdb or even partitions if you like
7) Run VB as sudo
8- Use the vmdk disk you created as disk, don’t create another
9) Add the Antergos iso in VM (OR any other iso, YES you can use antergos that way to install any distro)
- Start the VM, it will boot into the livecd, check if the hd was detected (browse the folders), install antergos the way you want in the real hd.
That way you have an USB installed Antergos with the ability to install in real hd, through VB.
Yeah, it’s weird, extensivelly tested in USB, not tested in internal nor external hd.
I’ll test installing dual boot windows/linux in USB and see how it goes
Another interesting thing is that you can fool Clonezilla with this method to change the partition, example
The original is sdb1 to sda4 (All you need to do is add disks before the targeted one in VB to iniciate the count, play with it and you’ll understand)
And yes, i really like VB
Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
I3wm - Mate desktop
AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
16 GB ram
HD 1 TB
Linux newbie since 06/2016