• \[SOLVED\] Xnoise plugins and does not respond

Started using Xnoise (preinstalled). It is missing the gst- plugins to play MP3. In my opinion that should also be installed by default (like by installing Clementine).

Also doubleclick on a playlist entry does play the song but the interface becomes non responsible (not observed when clicking the play button on a fully loaded playlist).

Antergos: funny name, serious distro

• Started using Xnoise (preinstalled). It is missing the gst- plugins to play MP3. In my opinion that should also be installed by default (like by installing Clementine).

Also doubleclick on a playlist entry does play the song but the interface becomes non responsible (not observed when clicking the play button on a fully loaded playlist).

• You’re right, I forgot that xnoise was migrated to gstreamer 1.0 and we were installing gstreamer 0.10 plugins. In next release should be added, thanks

About the UI proble, run it from terminal to see if you get something useful.

• @“faidoc”:10vzsfid said:

About the UI proble, run it from terminal to see if you get something useful.[/quote:10vzsfid]

Done that, from Terminal no prob. Starting from gnome GUI (windows key, X, [enter]) the interface hangs after a doubleclick on a song, weird…

• It’s not only doubleclick. Opposed to what I entered in my first post, it also hangs on a “single click play list entry, click play button” and after adding new songs to the library (it hangs after a while then…

Terminal output:

[[email protected] ~]$ xnoise
    eq created ok
    couldn’t find treepath
    New on_command_line
    got 33 tracks for tracklist
    queue_draw
    queue_draw
    not in import
    …saving tracklist and plugins…
    XNOISE_ACTION_CONTEXT_QUERYABLE_TREE_MENU_QUERY
    load_content
    +++new stamp for db
    in import
    finish import after 8 s for 294 tracks
    not in import
    load_content
    load_content
    EOS
    Geëlimineerd

• @“faidoc”:99531th2 said:

It seems to be an upstream bug

Check this [https://bitbucket.org/shuerhaaken/xnoise/issue/52/ui-freeze-and-100-cpu-load][0]">[https://bitbucket.org/shuerhaaken/xnois][1] … 0-cpu-load[/quote:99531th2]

Yep, thats allmost like my problem. Indeed a CPU usage of 100% but it does not happen on song change and my music is still playing. I’ll wait for the update, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: https://bitbucket.org/shuerhaaken/xnois

• With the last iso comes xnoise 0.2.18 and thatone works fine.

Posts 8Views 1207