• Incomplete Installation

Hello Antergos People

I am quite new to the distro and not a power user. This installation is the second time I install Antergos.
    My first installation was perfect, which made me LOVE Antergos and Arch.

Problem:
    As I Installed Antergos everything seemed fine but afterwards several packages was missing ?!

And example is: “gnome-control-center”, without which i could not open “settings”. In general my system acts a bit weird and I am suspecting that more missing packages are the culprit. Example is: “create link” in “nautilus” does nothing when pressed.

Is there a way for me to get a list of all packages that should have been installed. or to fix this in some other (easier) way.

Thanks for guidance !

Lenovo Ideapad 310S
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz × 4
    GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 620 (Kabylake GT2)
    HDD: 242,9 GB (SSD)

• @Janus Did you by chance delete anything via add/remove software? I did this and had a similar problem because of the packages that were also deleted.

• @moredoor Wow, You are right. I just looked through my history. And it sais that I have removed a number of packages. I was only aware of removing a few unused programs like pidgin and brasero. but it also lists a number of other packages.
    I will reinstall them ASAP. Thanks for the help !

Lenovo Ideapad 310S
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz × 4
    GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 620 (Kabylake GT2)
    HDD: 242,9 GB (SSD)

• @Janus No problem! I just booted the OS from USB again, but you can probably just reinstall the packages.

Best of luck!

installation220 gnome 3.22.210 new-user3 missing package1 Posts 4Views 344
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.