First I have to stress - I do love Antergos and the general ease of installation. However, installing from scratch with the latest 17.4. iso leaves me wondering. There’s stuff that does not work and might or might not be improved in the background…

1. CUPS - out of the box, the newly created antergos user should be part of the sys and/or lp groups, so editing settings in CUPS can be done without tinkering with user groups and config files. Additionally, as everybody and their mom owns a network printer these days, I would really love to get nss-mdns, including a working avahi-conf, right after install. Funny side note: you can ADD printers without it, but you can’t print because your freshly auto-detected printer can’t be localized. Took me a while …

2. Hibernation - I really appreciate that Antergos gives me the option to setup an encrypted system by just ticking a box in cnchi and entering my passphrase. I even get swap by default. However, hibernation does not seem to be configured properly. I did not fix this on my machine yet, but as I recall from my last Antergos install, it should be little more than setting the encrypt hook in the bootloader config and defining a device to resume from.

3. Display “sleep timer” - for the lack of a better translation. I searched the forums to find that the settings for “time idle before screen goes black” in gnome settings are to be ignored. Instead, Antergos users are supposed to use light-locker-settings. Still I find that in my case, those settings just do nothing. No matter what I set in any of the configs, the screen on my Thinkpad X230 is always shining bright at me when I return from getting coffee or taking a walk. This one I could not figure out yet.

I’m willing to help with what little I can as a non-programmer to get this stuff fixed. Can someone help?