• pamac is very slow, almost always freezes,uses 99% cpu

@judd yeah i read it , and i didnt understand what i read , says its for advanced users which i clearly am not, and it’s certainly not helping me to minimize user interaction, Thanks for your time though, i am going back to kubuntu14.04, Antergos is too difficult, i’m just not ready for this highly complicated advanced os yet 😵

• Well, i guess the problem you’re experiencing is about changing from a Debian based system to An Arch one, that means the commands are different and some config files as well.
    When i migrated from windows to linux i faced a lot of “troubles” since everything was pretty alien, specially the file system (with all packages’s files spread over different folders)

Ok, i won’t say for you to not give up and i understand you are having slowness/high cpu usage using pamac, i have it here too under Virtual Machine with 2GB.
    I guess you could solve it installing Octopi copying and pasting the command bellow:
    sudo pacman -S octopi
    Then you’ll have another package manager with user interface.

Also i’d like to ask you to install Antergos in a VM (if you’ll really install a Debian based system now) someday for keeping testing it, i’m sure you wont regreat.

OBS: i wasn’t participating in this conversation before 'cause you were already getting help.

• @cookiedemon said in pamac is very slow, almost always freezes,uses 99% cpu:

@judd yeah i read it , and i didnt understand what i read , says its for advanced users which i clearly am not, and it’s certainly not helping me to minimize user interaction, Thanks for your time though, i am going back to kubuntu14.04, Antergos is too difficult, i’m just not ready for this highly complicated advanced os yet

We are all learning and we are all aprencdices, it happens that some have more experience than others, in my particular case 2 years ago I am with antergos in this forum and I learn because the community is excellent and that causes problems to be solved. Take the course you take, never forget that here we are to help you, in my case in what you can and those who have more experience, do not doubt that they will also give you a hand. Good luck, although I would like you to stay with us !!!

@fernandomaroto
    I liked his words !

gnome355 pamac69 slow36 Posts 23Views 6111
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.