• Can't install necessary packages. Cnchi can't continue

Im trying to reinstall antergos with the iso image I used the first time (A testing one). and cnchi doesn’t let me install:

“can’t install necessary packages cnchi can’t continue” is the error I get. Any solutions?

• Im trying to reinstall antergos with the iso image I used the first time (A testing one). and cnchi doesn’t let me install:

“can’t install necessary packages cnchi can’t continue” is the error I get. Any solutions?

• Do you have a stable, working internet connection?

BTW: Is it the same install medium like the one with the display issue or did you download/create it again?
    It could be a broken install medium.

Please give a feedback after you get help so the thread can be set to solved.

• Hi,

Did you run the testing.sh script to launch Cnchi? Post the contents of /tmp/cnchi.log please.

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• I’m currently copying the latest testing image to my usb stick. Do i just type testing.sh in terminal?

• @“b1n0ry”:6zs4fwmb said:

Do you have a stable, working internet connection?

BTW: Is it the same install medium like the one with the display issue or did you download/create it again?
    It could be a broken install medium.[/quote:6zs4fwmb]

My connection is stable, I don’t think the install medium be a problem since I had 1 month using antergos previously, the display thing happened later when I tried to adjust the resolution.

I just copied the latest testing image and I got a “can’t read superblock in sdb1” or something. So I assume it’s my usb drive, I will try now in other one and if I boot correctly. I will attach the testing output and the cnchi log file.

Thanks for your attention.

• Ok the new testing image never booted, maybe it’s a bug?.. I tried the previous image I had (03-16) and I still get “Can’t install necessary packages. Cnchi can’t continue”… Reading the other threads I found another person having the exactly same issue, so I tried modifying the antergos mirrorlist to use the spain mirror and it’s now downloading the packages.

The first time I ran Cnchi (when i got the error) It formatted the partition without any problems. The next time I tried (with the antergos-mirrorlist modified) got this error: “Can’t format partition /dev/sda3 with filesystem ext4”… Seems like the partition kept in use because of the previous installation attempt ??

Anyways it’s now installing antergos apparently, I didn’t attach the log file since I solved the Cnchi error with the mirrorlist solution.

• @“jchayan”:3vbx98o8 said:

The next time I tried (with the antergos-mirrorlist modified) got this error: “Can’t format partition /dev/sda3 with filesystem ext4”… Seems like the partition kept in use because of the previous installation attempt ??[/quote:3vbx98o8]Yes we are aware of this but the issue is with the Arch kernel so for now you have to reboot if there is a failed attempt to install. Glad you got it working

• @“lots.0.logs”:tbfafl5q said:

@“jchayan”:tbfafl5q said:

The next time I tried (with the antergos-mirrorlist modified) got this error: “Can’t format partition /dev/sda3 with filesystem ext4”… Seems like the partition kept in use because of the previous installation attempt ??[/quote:tbfafl5q]Yes we are aware of this but the issue is with the Arch kernel so for now you have to reboot if there is a failed attempt to install. Glad you got it working

Thanks, well the bad news is that I did not reboot… My network is 1.5mb speed, I went to work and now I’m back it’s still downloading some packages. I didn’t know that the mirrorlist hack was going to do the trick, If I knew this I would have rebooted the computer. As I didn’t reboot I’m just wondering… Will it fail to install?

• Another thing. Is it safe to restart my modem during the package download? I’m connected through a router and it is doing really slow at the moment

• Honestly, I would kill that install, reboot, and start over. It should never take that long to download packages. You can use advanced mode and your partition layout will still be there (you just have to pick the mount points again). Let me know if it works okay this time.

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• Hi, i have same issue, how did you fixed it? a little help for a deb based distro user would be helpfull

• Hi,

If you don’t mind please visit the following link and then post the result. I am updating the testing script to select better mirrors. Instructions for using the testing script are in the main Cnchi Bug Hunters thread.

[http://mirrors.antergos.com/antergos/x86_64/antergos.db?mirrorlist][0]">[http://mirrors.antergos.com/antergos/x8][1] … mirrorlist

Cheers!

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: http://mirrors.antergos.com/antergos/x8

• Done as in Cnchi bug hunt thread, in code below are shown all info that came up in terminal, untill opening Cnchi.

[[email protected] ~]$ wget http://antergos.info/testing.sh  
    --2014-04-20 10:57:57-- http://antergos.info/testing.sh  
    Resolving antergos.info (antergos.info)... 173.231.12.75  
    Connecting to antergos.info (antergos.info)|173.231.12.75|:80... connected.  
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK  
    Length: 3240 (3.2K) [application/x-sh]  
    Saving to: 'testing.sh'  

100%[======================================\>] 3,240 --.-K/s in 0s   

2014-04-20 10:57:57 (265 MB/s) - 'testing.sh' saved [3240/3240]  

[[email protected] ~]$ chmod +x testing.sh  
    [[email protected] ~]$ sudo -E ./testing.sh  
    Selecting the best mirrors...  
    Testing Arch mirrors...  
    Done.  
    --2014-04-20 10:58:29-- http://antergos.info/antergos-mirrorlist  
    Resolving antergos.info (antergos.info)... 173.231.12.75  
    Connecting to antergos.info (antergos.info)|173.231.12.75|:80... connected.  
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK  
    Length: 967  
    Saving to: 'antergos-mirrorlist'  

100%[======================================\>] 967 --.-K/s in 0s   

2014-04-20 10:58:29 (130 MB/s) - 'antergos-mirrorlist' saved [967/967]  

Testing Antergos mirrors...  
    Done.  
    Installing missing packages...  
    :: Synchronizing package databases...  
    core 111.9 KiB 2.73M/s 00:00 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    extra 1494.4 KiB 2.59M/s 00:01 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    community 2.2 MiB 2.59M/s 00:01 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    antergos 159.0 KiB 1395K/s 00:00 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    multilib 115.3 KiB 2.62M/s 00:00 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    warning: grub-1:2.02.beta2-2 is up to date -- skipping  
    warning: os-prober-1.58-1 is up to date -- skipping  
    warning: f2fs-tools-1.3.0-1 is up to date -- skipping  
    warning: python-mako-0.9.1-2 is up to date -- skipping  
    resolving dependencies...  
    looking for inter-conflicts...  

Packages (4): perl-error-0.17022-1 git-1.9.2-1 python-lxml-3.3.5-1  
    python-mock-1.0.1-3  

Total Download Size: 4.49 MiB  
    Total Installed Size: 25.06 MiB  

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]   
    :: Retrieving packages ...  
    perl-error-0.17022-... 18.3 KiB 2030K/s 00:00 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    git-1.9.2-1-x86\_64 3.8 MiB 2.60M/s 00:01 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    python-lxml-3.3.5-1... 694.9 KiB 2.64M/s 00:00 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    python-mock-1.0.1-3-any 39.9 KiB 3.89M/s 00:00 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    (4/4) checking keys in keyring [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    (4/4) checking package integrity [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    (4/4) loading package files [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    (4/4) checking for file conflicts [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    (4/4) checking available disk space [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    (1/4) installing perl-error [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    (2/4) installing git [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    Optional dependencies for git  
    tk: gitk and git gui  
    perl-libwww: git svn  
    perl-term-readkey: git svn  
    perl-mime-tools: git send-email  
    perl-net-smtp-ssl: git send-email TLS support  
    perl-authen-sasl: git send-email TLS support  
    python2: various helper scripts [installed]  
    subversion: git svn  
    cvsps: git cvsimport  
    gnome-keyring: GNOME keyring credential helper [installed]  
    (3/4) installing python-mock [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    (4/4) installing python-lxml [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    Optional dependencies for python-lxml  
    python-lxml-docs: offline docs  
    Removing existing Cnchi...  
    Getting latest version of Cnchi from testing branch...  
    Cloning into 'cnchi'...  
    remote: Reusing existing pack: 9957, done.  
    remote: Counting objects: 8, done.  
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (8/8), done.  
    remote: Total 9965 (delta 3), reused 0 (delta 0)  
    Receiving objects: 100% (9965/9965), 15.14 MiB | 2.34 MiB/s, done.  
    Resolving deltas: 100% (6800/6800), done.  
    Checking connectivity... done.  
    Starting Cnchi...  
    [[email protected] ~]$ Using GTK v3.12.1  
    [2014-04-20 10:58:58] [mainwindow.py] INFO: Cnchi installer version 0.5.34  
    [2014-04-20 10:58:58] [mainwindow.py] INFO: Using '/usr/share/cnchi/data/packages.xml' file as package list  
    [2014-04-20 10:59:02] [alongside.py] WARNING: Unable to create list of partitions for alongside installation.  

Cnchi opened normaly, everything worked, now installing, hope in successful end, below is code from terminal that showed up during installation, including code above.

[code:p2b5y62i]http://pastebin.com/d8TFidVk[/code:p2b5y62i]

Ended successfully. Thanks

• I love bugs!

Have found 2 of them in ISO of 20th April i386, see the screenshots.
    [b:1yfr8zkn]
    BUG NR. 1
    [/b:1yfr8zkn]
    [[img:1yfr8zkn]http://s1.directupload.net/images/140420/temp/xnuvqfhb.png[/img:1yfr8zkn][/url:1yfr8zkn]

[b:1yfr8zkn]BUG NR. 2[/b:1yfr8zkn]

[[img:1yfr8zkn]http://s7.directupload.net/images/140420/temp/ckjlroxe.png[/img:1yfr8zkn][/url:1yfr8zkn]

The second screenshot have the information about [b:1yfr8zkn]error of creating partitions and their file systems.[/b:1yfr8zkn]

Cheers
    Freecaster]1]0

[img:37xo6dtq]http://antergos.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/logo.gif[/img:37xo6dtq]

• The first one is likely a mirror issue. The second looks like what happens when you had a failed install and did not reboot before trying again?

• Did that, everything went fine. but the grub theme did not install… I’m downloading the theme from softpedia, did you include an install script there? Thank you for everything Dustin

• The old grub theme has an install script but the current one isn’t published anywhere to download. You can install it in a few steps:

extract [this file[/url:kspp92o4] file into /boot/grub/themes/
    edit /etc/default/grub and replace the theme line with: [code:kspp92o4]GRUB_THEME="/boot/grub/themes/Antergos-Default/theme.txt"[/code:kspp92o4]
    Finally, run “sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg”

Cheers!]0

• @“lots.0.logs”:tcj3sqom said:

Honestly, I would kill that install, reboot, and start over. It should never take that long to download packages. You can use advanced mode and your partition layout will still be there (you just have to pick the mount points again). Let me know if it works okay this time.

Best Regards,
    Dustin[/quote:tcj3sqom]

I did it, and everything went fine this time. But your grub theme did not install, I found it somewhere in the internet and ran the install script

• @“jchayan”:172jevxy said:

Im trying to reinstall antergos with the iso image I used the first time (A testing one). and cnchi doesn’t let me install:

“can’t install necessary packages cnchi can’t continue” is the error I get. Any solutions?[/quote:172jevxy]
    I am having the exact same problem. I tried several disks that I have used in the past and they will not work either. I have cable and it is pretty stable.

Posts 54Views 17748