• Playonlinux-can't configure WINE.

Hello community!

My apologies in advance if this has been posted or anything like that. I looked through the Wiki (Antergos and Arch) and couldn’t find anything that sounded like what I’m battling. What happens is when I try to install a game, I know that there are things POL needs to work, on other distros, I get an old school like windows 3.2 looking popup window that mentions needing to install a few components (none is coming to mind). I don’t know if it was preconfigured in Manjaro because I had no problems (on the exact same machine), but when I try to click on configure Wine, I get this weird stick on my screen- it’s like the window is ultra compressed. Can’t expand or maximize it.

Sorry to be scarce on details; I can provide debug logs when I get home, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this before. Hoping it’s a known issue- I’d feel dumb asking, but I can live with dumb if I can get Guild wars 2 back!

thanks in advance & cheers,
    R

• @reisiger

I can confirm, having a same issue here!

• @MaCroX95 said in Playonlinux-can't configure WINE.:

@reisiger

I can confirm, having a same issue here!

makes me feel less crazy (appreciated)! I think there was a 3 step process beforehand. Not sure if installing ms-ttf corefonts made the difference. If I can make this work on Antergos, I’ll probably even ditch Arch and have all 3 on Antergos.

• No expert here for sure but I checked my POL & Configure works fine. I have a couple of games running Homeworld 2 & Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion. All I have done to install a game is to open POL, selected install a non listed program & followed the instructions to load game off drive. It does ask for a couple of Microsoft bits .net I think plus something else. Doesn’t seem to make any difference whether I install them or not to be honest. I install games to their own virtual drives too.

If I now click configure it asks me to choose the drive which then opens the configure window. From inside that I can click Configure Wine which also opens an old style Windows panel. Hope this is of some help.

• @Uzi said in Playonlinux-can't configure WINE.:

If I now click configure it asks me to choose the drive which then opens the configure window. From inside that I can click Configure Wine which also opens an old style Windows panel. Hope this is of some help.

That’s the thing- you’re totally right; when I get to that step, it’s the old-style windows panel that doesn’t open for me. I get this weird looking like candlestick think in the upper left corner of the screen. In the panel, it says the correct name of the config window, but you can’t expand it; maximize it, or anything.

I JUST got that damn game working. LOL

Maybe it’s something specific to GW2? Not sure. BTW the phrase “Microsoft bits” is hilarious. :P

• So I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was trying to use the GUI exclusively. In this case, that didn’t work so great, so I decided to install it manually.

Steps are simple:
    Select Install in the Playonlinux menu
    click on the link to "install non listed program"
    follow the prompts; no need to make changes on my system
    you’ll be asked to enter the name for the virtual drive; type that in
    click through the rest, and see you out there.

• @reisiger Pretty much what I do. Glad it worked & you are now a happy Antergos gamer like me :+1:

wine13 configure4 Posts 8Views 450