Hey @Nijco, this problem is very familiar to me. Before the recent few versions workaround was to boot the OS by adding NOMODESET under the boot kernel parameters but it doesn’t work anymore (at least for me)
Here’s the only way I’ve been able to workaround the issue (also have gtx 970), nouveau doesn’t support gtx 970 unfortunately so the procedure is:
- disable Nvidia GPU in bios or plug it out of the pc if there is no option in bios.
- Plug your cable to the integrated GPU slot (usually DVI-D or VGA) ! IMPORTANT - with Nvidia disabled, its’ slots won’t work
- boot Antergos live usb and install it
- boot into the OS and run command: sudo pacman -S nvidia
- after the installation is finished turn off the PC
- plug the nvidia back in the motherboard, or enable it in bios
- replug the cable into the Nvidia slot (either DP, DVI-D, HDMI…) ! IMPORTANT: it won’t boot through integrated GPU if it communicates with Nvidia
- it should boot into Antergos without problems after you’ve preconfigured the Nvidia proprietary drivers with integrated GPU
I wish you best of luck with installing and enjoying the OS!