• Setting Primary Display on Dual Monitors

Setting Primary Display on Dual Monitors?
    Search the forums and google and didn’t find anything on how to swap or designate Primary.

As other distro’s had no issue setting primary. As the LiveCD had my right monitor designated as primary. Which in fact I need it set as secondary as panel is on wrong monitor. I need it on the left and designate primary on Left monitor.

I don’t understand a display tool that will allow me to flip horizontal & vertical which isn’t needed by the majority. But something simple as designate which monitor primary as arranging monitor doesn’t deal with which is primary?

Any help on this is appreciated as wanted to give Antergos and Gnome a go.

• Setting Primary Display on Dual Monitors?
    Search the forums and google and didn’t find anything on how to swap or designate Primary.

As other distro’s had no issue setting primary. As the LiveCD had my right monitor designated as primary. Which in fact I need it set as secondary as panel is on wrong monitor. I need it on the left and designate primary on Left monitor.

I don’t understand a display tool that will allow me to flip horizontal & vertical which isn’t needed by the majority. But something simple as designate which monitor primary as arranging monitor doesn’t deal with which is primary?

Any help on this is appreciated as wanted to give Antergos and Gnome a go.

• I don’t have dual monitors, so I’m not sure I can be of much help. However, if you go to Activities and type Displays, you should see a Displays Setting option. I know this is where you’d set rotation, screen resolution, etc. I believe this tool also identifies multiple monitors and provides options if you have them. Have you tried there?

• Hi,

Are you using GNOME? You can set the position of your monitors in the same place that you found the options to rotate the screens. It should show you graphical representation of each monitor (a square or rectangle). Click on one and while holding the mouse button down, drag it down then and across to the other side. If its not working properly for you, you can do it manually with this command:

xrandr --output HDMI1 --auto --primary --output LVDS1 --auto --right-of HDMI1

You will need to use the correct display names for your system. I used the ones from my system (laptop) for the example. You can get yours by running:

xrandr -q

Let me know if everything goes okay.

Cheers!

Posts 4Views 1393