• AMD Radeon support

Hey All,
    I’m new to Antergos and I think I might have messed my setup.
    I own a Dell Inspiron 15r laptop with AMD Radeon HD8700 in it as a switchable graphics card alongside Intel HD4000. When I had first installed Antergos, while running screenfetch, I got under the GPU section the AMD Radeon card.
    For some reason, I’ve decided to install and use the PRIME technique. Everything went OK I think so now when I use screenfetch I get “GPU: Mesa DRI Intel® Ivybridge Mobile” and when I use DRI_PRIME=1 screenfetch I get “GPU: Gallium 0.4 on AMD OLAND (DRM 2.49.0 / 4.10.8-1-ARCH, LLVM 3.9.1)”. Why Am I seeing these and not the AMD Radeon card as before?

Edit
    Trying DRI_PRIME=1 glxgears, I’m getting the gears with some weird lines occuring but when using DRI_PRIME=0 glxgears I’m getting the gears flawlessly. If I’m getting it right, it should be the other way around… running smoothly with DRI_PRIME=1 glxgears, right?

Thanks for the help!

• @judd Thanks! So should I just install OpenCL? Are there any further configurations?

• @doria90 said in AMD Radeon support:

@judd Thanks! So should I just install OpenCL?

Yes !!!
    0_1491657440692_radeon.png

• @judd So I’ve installed opencl-mesa and rebooted and while looking at hardinfo, I am getting the AMD Radeon card but not on screenfetch. Any ideas why?

@judd So I’ve installed opencl-mesa and rebooted and while looking at hardinfo, I am getting the AMD Radeon card but not on screenfetch. Any ideas why?

I have no idea, it has only been changed and it takes so, for example in Fedora it takes like Galium … no idea

In antergos and in arch I never had problems with Radeon and takes it to the first one, so it is not to worry and maneuver or touch too much.

If it works, do not touch it, leave it like this

• I can’t tell if it works.
    When I reboot my system, it writes ‘radeon failed vce resume’ and now when I apply xrandr --listproviders it says I only have one provider.
    Do I need to power on my graphics card or something??

PLUS, my fan seems to be ON constantly and I suspect it might be the GPU fan, but it makes no sense. so I dont know.
    Help please!

my fan seems to be ON constantly and I suspect it might be the GPU fan, but it makes no sense. so I dont know.

$ top

• Here’s what the terminal pulls me:

$ xrandr --listproviders
    Providers: number : 2
    Provider 0: id: 0x6e cap: 0xb, Source Output, Sink Output, Sink Offload crtcs: 4 outputs: 5 associated providers: 1 name:Intel
    Provider 1: id: 0x45 cap: 0xf, Source Output, Sink Output, Source Offload, Sink Offload crtcs: 6 outputs: 0 associated providers: 1 name:TURKS @ pci:0000:02:00.0

amd24 radeon10 Posts 10Views 781