• Installer Error -- "Can't install nessisary packages"

Hi,

My bugsnag code is 550646

I’m getting the above error when attempting to install antergos.
    I’m using the antergos-17.4-x86_64.iso, which was downloaded fresh today, and I’ve verified the Md5 sum as being correct.

I’m attempting to install to an HP Probook 6550b with the following options:
    Mate desktop, AUR Support.

From the logs, I’m getting an “invalid or corrupted package” error, here’s the end bit of /tmp/cnchi-alpm.log:
    (I’d attach full logs but the forum says I don’t have permission to…)

found cached pkg: /install/var/cache/pacman/pkg/openssh-7.4p1-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
    sha256sum: 1b691fb04e2907868708908f219ef75deefce5794982ce1cd9864b6a59012ae8
    checking sha256sum for /install/var/cache/pacman/pkg/openssh-7.4p1-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
    returning error 34 from check_validity : invalid or corrupted package

When I manually sha256 check this file it matched, and matched up with an separately downloaded copy on an alternate machine.

I’m not sure what the next package that it’s checking is, it could be that one that’s causing the error. There’s nothing else in the logs, and I can’t see a pattern in the package names to predict it’s next possibility.

Would anyone know how I can get passed this error?

• So after some further testing, this issue will popup with just a MATE desktop selected, with no added features.

It won’t popup with when installing the default GNOME desktop (Featureless), or the XFCE desktop (With AUR, Firefox, Chromium, Flash Player, and LTS kernel).

Whatever the issue is, it’s got to do with the MATE desktop. It looks like the packages in the Arch repo were updated on the 6th. I had done a MATE install on either the 4th or 5th and it was all fine, so that update broke cnchi. I’ll raise a bug at the appropriate location.

Link to the issue on github

error165 nessisary1 installer32 cnchi101 Posts 2Views 180