Sorry if this is mentioned before, but I tried every solution I found and nothing works.
So, my issue is that links in apps ( for example slack or Atom ) they all open with Chromium.
What I want is to open with my default browser, vivaldi.
What I’ve tried :
- set it as default browser in the xfce4 settings manager ( the “preferred applciations” section )
- set $BROWSER to vivaldi-stable ( from .zshrc and .bashrc )
- remove the extra lines in /etc/profile ( made by cnchi )
- make a vivaldi.desktop file in
- point to that .desktop from
xdg-mime default vivaldi.desktop x-scheme-handler/http( and the https equivalent )
nothing works. I logged in an out etc. Anything I do, damn chromium is always launched.
( also what’s the deal with those .desktop files? so confusing to set up )