• Antergos now recognized as Arch for some reason

0_1491355552147_neofetch-2017-04-04-05-43-47-13922.png

I’m not sure what even happened…I think the image is self-explanatory. This is definitely Antergos and it’s been Antergos up until the other day that I ran neofetch out of habit and saw this.

• @thesano The image is self-explanatory indeed. Neofetch reads Antergos as Arch, which it essentially is. If you use Screenfetch it will give you the Antergos logo.
    Nothing wrong here. :sunglasses:

Never to old to learn.

• @axioma But Neofetch recognizes Antergos as Antergos on my other laptop I freshly installed Antergos on :neutral_face:

• 0_1491360152774_Screenshot_20170405_114129.png

This is my Neofetch screenshot.
    Not sure why it gives different results.

Never to old to learn.

• @axioma

0_1491360369030_2017-04-04-214528-maim.png

Here’s my Neofetch on my second laptop which recognizes it as Antergos. But in any case, it’s not really an issue as you’ve informed me so I won’t worry about it anymore. Thanks!

• @thesano Interesting.

Never to old to learn.

• Screenfetch also recognises Antergos at my laptop as Arch and I think that this happened when I started using multiple Desktop Enviroments at the same time.
    Now I only run plasma.
    alt text

• If you want to be sure, go to System - Info center. There you should be able to confirm that you are using Antergos.

Never to old to learn.

• System Information also shows Arch…
    alt text

• Like earlier posters said; nothing to worry about, I noticed that the information displays in random. Sometimes it’s called Antergos, sometimes Arch, the most important thing is, that the system still rolls :wink:

Thinkpad E570 Intel core i5 (Kaby lake)
    8 GB RAM
    256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD
    Intel HD Graphics

• Hello,

The FAQ page on Neofetch’s Wiki has a section about downstream distros being detected as their upstream counterparts. Give it a read as it does explain why this happens.

https://github.com/dylanaraps/neofetch/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#linux-neofetch-reports-inaccurate-distro-name

• Dylan Araps
arch26 recognized7 Posts 11Views 1222