• Light DM Lock Screen Extension not working

Hello,

I was able to apply the testing.sh patch to Cnchi and install Antergos to a spare partition. Having first endeavored into Archlinux over a year ago on the back of Antergos (back then as Cinnarch), I decided to give the new setup a try. However, I have run into a few challenges along the way, mostly addressed by this forum. Thanks for staying on top of this effort!

However, there is a problem I couldn’t find resolved elsewhere. The Light DM Lock Screen Extension was not installed by default for GNOME. I installed it using pacman from the Antergos repos. The results were disappointing as the extension doesn’t shown anywhere in the TWEAK tool or otherwise impact Gnome-Shell… A quick research, and I think I found why:

[[email protected] [email protected]]$ ls -la  
    total 16  
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 17 00:10 .  
    drwxr-xr-x 16 root root 4096 Apr 17 00:09 ..  
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 97 Apr 3 20:20 extension.js -\> /home/faidoc/Antergos/git/antergos-packages/gnome-shell-extension-lockscreen-lightdm/extension.js  
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 98 Apr 3 20:20 metadata.json -\> /home/faidoc/Antergos/git/antergos-packages/gnome-shell-extension-lockscreen-lightdm/metadata.json  

However, this linked-to location doesn’t exist:

[[email protected] [email protected]]$ cd /home/faidoc/  
    bash: cd: /home/faidoc/: No such file or directory  

I believe the error comes from the PKGBUILD, which uses “cp -dpr…”. The -d indicates no de-referencing is to be done. Can you please update or otherwise point me in the correct direction. Thanks.

Ken

• Hello,

I was able to apply the testing.sh patch to Cnchi and install Antergos to a spare partition. Having first endeavored into Archlinux over a year ago on the back of Antergos (back then as Cinnarch), I decided to give the new setup a try. However, I have run into a few challenges along the way, mostly addressed by this forum. Thanks for staying on top of this effort!

However, there is a problem I couldn’t find resolved elsewhere. The Light DM Lock Screen Extension was not installed by default for GNOME. I installed it using pacman from the Antergos repos. The results were disappointing as the extension doesn’t shown anywhere in the TWEAK tool or otherwise impact Gnome-Shell… A quick research, and I think I found why:

[[email protected] [email protected]]$ ls -la  
    total 16  
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 17 00:10 .  
    drwxr-xr-x 16 root root 4096 Apr 17 00:09 ..  
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 97 Apr 3 20:20 extension.js -\> /home/faidoc/Antergos/git/antergos-packages/gnome-shell-extension-lockscreen-lightdm/extension.js  
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 98 Apr 3 20:20 metadata.json -\> /home/faidoc/Antergos/git/antergos-packages/gnome-shell-extension-lockscreen-lightdm/metadata.json  

However, this linked-to location doesn’t exist:

[[email protected] [email protected]]$ cd /home/faidoc/  
    bash: cd: /home/faidoc/: No such file or directory  

I believe the error comes from the PKGBUILD, which uses “cp -dpr…”. The -d indicates no de-referencing is to be done. Can you please update or otherwise point me in the correct direction. Thanks.

Ken

• Hi,

Sorry about that! I will make sure it gets corrected. I have attached a rebuilt pkg and sig file that you can install with pacman -U.

Cheers!

• you can also use light-locker

• Is this safe? I see that just using the extension, I can switch back to the VT by using (CTRL + ALT + 1) and no password is required. It seems that if I install light-locker, also, then this works well. I propose to install both by default.

• That should not be happening. I will look into it asap. Thanks for reporting it!

Cheers!

• Interesting…thanks. We will discuss this and make a decision asap. We previously discussed light-locker but in my tests I found it to be buggy and slow.

• Has a decision been made on this topic? If so I will download and re-install the ISO in the coming week to test the change as it will not be automatic, I’m sure.

• We are going to include xscreensaver configured to operate with the lightdm greeter for session locking/unlocking

Cheers!

Posts 10Views 2178