• Cinnamon 2.2.3 : missing several parts

ive got the same problem with cinnamon, was having issues with ldm also not letting me login so installed gde… then couldnt open cinnamon settings or add applets (no time or anything)

then i re-installed arch using the testing.sh and ldm works now but i dont have any start menu or clock, and no way to add anything as clicking on applets doesnt do anything (ive got ATI card)

going to re-install xfce

• @“ZEbbEDY”:1s3c59yl said:

ive got the same problem with cinnamon, was having issues with ldm also not letting me login so installed gde… then couldnt open cinnamon settings or add applets (no time or anything)

then i re-installed arch using the testing.sh and ldm works now but i dont have any start menu or clock, and no way to add anything as clicking on applets doesnt do anything (ive got ATI card)

going to re-install xfce[/quote:1s3c59yl]
    That’s exactly the same problem I had.

• Hi,

As lots.0.logs explained to me, each time a new GTK version is issued a lot of problems appear in Cinnamon and as their developers do not use the latest version of GTK it takes a while until these problems are fixed.

They need more developers and keep the GTK pace (not their main distro pace).

I’m sorry to say this, but I’m tired of suffering Gtk/Gnome/Cinnamon bugs, so now I’m using KDE.

I used XFCE for some time, but face it, is ugly as hell (feels like the 90’s are back)

(I’m sure a lot of bugs will show up when KDE5 arrives

Cheers!

@lots.0.logs: I told you so! (I’ve always wanted to say this in English

• @“karasu”:27azcumr said:

Hi,

As lots.0.logs explained to me, each time a new GTK version is issued a lot of problems appear in Cinnamon and as their developers do not use the latest version of GTK it takes a while until these problems are fixed.

They need more developers and keep the GTK pace (not their main distro pace).

I’m sorry to say this, but I’m tired of suffering Gtk/Gnome/Cinnamon bugs, so now I’m using KDE.

I used XFCE for some time, but face it, is ugly as hell (feels like the 90’s are back)

(I’m sure a lot of bugs will show up when KDE5 arrives

Cheers!

Thank you.
    I’m now on XFCE but I think the same thing you just said: I feel in '90.
    I will think if I’ll move to KDE

• @“karasu”:vo3ougqx said:

• @karasu Exactly what have you told me? I believe I told you that KDE was much better than its reputation and that you should try it 3 months ago hehe

Hahaha… you’re totally right about KDE! (and were).

I’m loving it.

What I meant is that Cinnamon is buggy… at least in some setups (like mine).

Cheers!

• Some little updates about the possible cause: [https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/issues/3070][0]">[https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/issues/3070][1]

Gonna try to manage my applets through the Terminal. Let you know.

#UPDATE: It seems that part of these bugs has been already fixed in testing repositories.

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/issues/3070

• Hey devs, any news about progress done? What about new release?

• Same problem here. The only difference is that I tried to fix it using the troubleshoot option from cinnamon by restarting all to default. DE broken, I have to open everything via terminal

What do I need to do to replace cinnamon with KDE? *going to lurk the web before I mess it up again*

Edit:
    Will it be enough to install KDE and chose it in lightdm or do I need to do something else?

• @“ferras”:3etl425h said:

Same problem here. The only difference is that I tried to fix it using the troubleshoot option from cinnamon by restarting all to default. DE broken, I have to open everything via terminal

What do I need to do to replace cinnamon with KDE? *going to lurk the web before I mess it up again*

Edit:
    Will it be enough to install KDE and chose it in lightdm or do I need to do something else?[/quote:3etl425h]
    Not so much glad to understand I’m not the only one who experienced this issue: I hoped it had been fixed.
    Anyway, think it’s enough to make KDE working, don’t think you need something else

• Yep pretty much did it. But the icons in gnome apps are broken.

• I had this problem also but if you look at the permissions on the .cinnamon folder it’s root. Once you chmod it back to your username, hit alt-f2 and type r and everything will go back to normal. I saw this on May 2nd after installing Antergos on a different laptop.

• @“klepto”:q64qfd0x said:

I had this problem also but if you look at the permissions on the .cinnamon folder it’s root. Once you chmod it back to your username, hit alt-f2 and type r and everything will go back to normal. I saw this on May 2nd after installing Antergos on a different laptop.[/quote:q64qfd0x]

Are you talking about the issue I experienced?
    Are you sure this will fix the issue?
    Let me know!

• Yes that is what I was talking about, where in Cinnamon the menu was missing along with a few other things.
    The permissions in the /home/<yourusername>/.cinnamon is wrong, it’s set to root. Once I set the permissions
    right and restarted cinnamon everything was normal.

• @“klepto”:3hiwh2e2 said:

Yes that is what I was talking about, where in Cinnamon the menu was missing along with a few other things.
    The permissions in the /home/<yourusername>/.cinnamon is wrong, it’s set to root. Once I set the permissions
    right and restarted cinnamon everything was normal.[/quote:3hiwh2e2]
    Perfect, really big thanks. Will test along with the long-waited new Antergos release.
    Anyway, which permissions should I set to that folder? Is it good to set it to give any permissions to every user?

• @“mackief”:10lfchht said:

Perfect, really big thanks. Will test along with the long-waited new Antergos release.
    Anyway, which permissions should I set to that folder? Is it good to set it to give any permissions to every user?[/quote:10lfchht]

Actually you don’t have to change the permissions just do a sudo chown -R to change the owner from root to your username.

• @“klepto”:1d41okeq said:

@“mackief”:1d41okeq said:

Anyway, which permissions should I set to that folder? Is it good to set it to give any permissions to every user?[/quote:1d41okeq]

Actually you don’t have to change the permissions just do a sudo chown -R to change the owner from root to your username.[/quote:1d41okeq]
    That’s awesome, mate. Really big thanks!
    Now, we only have to wait till new release comes!

• @karasu & @lots.0.logs, why in testing images download isn’t there an AMD64 build, but only an I386 one?

Posts 62Views 23606
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.