• QT5CT has priority over standard Plasma settings app

I run KDE Plasma on my Antergos machine. But during the system installation I always go for Gnome and install Plasma and it’s stuff later. The reason for this routine is that I use an app called MyTourbook which demands Gnome, otherwise it crashes constantly.

If I want to change an icon theme or system fonts, I have to do it in qt5ct as if I do it from the system settings, it has no effect. How can I get System settings to be in charge again?

• qt5ct is designed to work in WMs and DEs that don’t have the integration with Qt. In other words, it may be used in all Antergos DEs except Plasma. If installed and used in Plasma, then yes, it overrides any fonts and themes settings made with traditional Kde tools (System Settings).

The only way to fix the situation in Plasma is to uninstall qt5ct. All previous Plasma themes settings wil immeditely turn back.

Placing more than one DE in one partition is a bad practice. One partition - one DE, plus daily backups, is the bullet-proof scheme for any installation.

• Thanks. After removing qt5ct everything went back to normal, except for font rendering. So I set up fonts with qt5ct and then removed it again. I’ve always run multi DE installations, sometimes on one partition, sometimes even 4 different distros sharing one /home. Never got myself into trouble. I know it’s not advisable, but I’ve managed to reduce it over the time, to 1 partition with 2 DE’s :-)

Thanks for your help.

• @vlad.kuzba said in QT5CT has priority over standard Plasma settings app:

Thanks. After removing qt5ct everything went back to normal, except for font rendering…

Take a look at this post. With settings, described there, Plasma fonts are rendered beutifully.

plasma23 qt5ct1 standard2 priority3 Posts 4Views 234