• Dual Booting Antergos with Antergos

Hi All

I am currently playing around with dual/multi booting an old laptop. So far I have installed Windows 7 and Ubuntu and they both boot fine. The next thing I want to do is install Antergos with Plasma 5 and another install of Antergos with XFCE.

My question is, will this cause conflicts in Grub as I presume they would both have the same name in grub and how would it tell which was which.

Any help would be much appreciated,

• @LagerDrinker

Grub knows to read ! no problem dude ! ! go install Antergos (NICE distro btw ) ! ! !

• Why don’t you install XFCE along with Plasma in one system?

• Thanks for the replies. I know I can install Xfce and Plasma alongside each other on one system but in this case I was just experimenting with dual booting as its not really something I’ve done before and wanted to learn more about it.
    What I have found is that I can have as many instances of Antergos as I like without a conflict but in the grub menu they are each just listed as Antergos on /dev/sda4, /dev/sda5 etc so you need to know which desktop environment you installed on which partition.
    You learn something new every day 😉

• This post is deleted!
booting31 dual28 Posts 5Views 687
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.