• Like 0

[XFCE] Unable to log in and wake up (black screen with working cursor)

After tried Manjaro for a couple days (where everything working fine with XFCE), I’ve decided give a try to Antergos and I like a lot but after some hours I had a very annoying “bug” and I spend my entire day reading and trying to resolve but I can’t get a solution.

Sometimes, when it boots up, it boots to a black screen with no greeter. Only working mouse.

I tty into a terminal and reinstall nvidia 304 drivers, reboot and somehow (or lucky) it fixes and I can login again but after suspension or screen lock I have the same situation.

Can someone help me to find what’s happen?

Thanks

(PS: I’m an “ex”-debian/ubuntu user and first time in years I’m feeling like a newbie :worried: )

[0_1490916111646_logs.tar](Uploading 100%)

• Like 0

@diogogomes I’m not a graphical card guy; but maybe you need to enable something on systemd for the graphical system load properly?
    Let’s wait for someone else who knows this.

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• Like 0

Please try to reboot your system.
    After that write in a console/terminal :
    pm-suspend (if you don’t have yaourt to access the AUR, please Install it and after that do : yaourt pm-utils )

After the suspend, try to “boot” your system again by press a key to unsuspend.

If the problem persists even if you try this method, please let me know. Actually it’s how you already said a problem with the lock screen x I belive.
    If you manually lock the screen, it should work right?

xfce41 blank screen10 login58 xfce417 Posts 3Views 119