• yaourt for installing google chrome??

i just confused, when i type yaourt -S google-chrome, and it say warning and dangerous???

• @rebornkings777 said in yaourt for installing google chrome??:

i just confused, when i type yaourt -S google-chrome, and it say warning and dangerous???

Not at all, I install it by means of yaourt, now this is at your discretion …

• so it is safe to installing?

• @rebornkings777 , AUR (Arch User Repository) is not an official Arch repo. It is a community-driven one, so unofficial. What you install is at your own risk. So the message you get is to notify you of this.
    A good practice when installing from AUR is visit the page before, check comments, ratings, frequency it s maintained and decide how safe it is for your system yourself.
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @rebornkings777 basically any AUR package will tell you to be cautious. Per @anarch 's recommendation, I would always check the stats on the AUR page and also if you’re really a champ you can read the script it uses to install everything.

Sys01: Surface Pro 3; Antergos + Plasma; 4GB mem; linux-surfacepro3-git 4.18+ kernel, thanks to alyptik

• @rebornkings777 said in yaourt for installing google chrome??:

It’s just how @n_mag already said : "…package will tell you to be cautious"
    AUR just want to ask you :are you sure to use an unoffical Repo? If yes please resume…

• Here you can check some AUR statistics, please notice the few trusted users. hehehehe

Portergos site
    https://github.com/Portergos/portergos-iso

Still in love with Antergos (default OS)
    I3wm

Linux newbie since 06/2016

installing106 yaourt30 google20 chrome14 Posts 7Views 2722
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.