• Broadcom BCM4313, no wi-fi Live boot

Hi, guys.
    Yesterday i’ve try to install Antergos to my Dell Inspiron n5050, and have failed.
    I’ve read forum, but couldn’t solve this problem myself.
    Screenshoots here, and I hope you can help me.
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

lspci -vnn -d 14e4, from ArchWiki Broadcomwireless ->

lspci: -d ":" expected

alt text

And that i found in

../etc/modprobe.d

alt text

Sorry for photos, but i can’t do something else.

• @kaziuslkiy You can use an ethernet cable or USB-tether from your phone (which is connected to WiFi). After install the wireless should work.

• $ yaourt -S broadcom-wl-dkms

# source /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/dkms

# dkms autoinstall -k $(uname -r)

• I know this is an old thread, but it came up in a duck duck go search for me, so it probably will for someone else also.

I had the same problem with the bcm4313, saw this thread, and cursed a bit because I really didn’t want to have to hookup a cable. But I thought it was odd that there was a thread from an OLDER Antergos iso version where someone was complaining that the same chipset was working in the live environment but not on reboot that led me to think it should probably also be able to work on the updated live environment - so with a little more digging I found an Arch forum thread where they recommended manually loading the brcmsmac module from a terminal window in the live environment. Sure enough it worked.

So just one command from within the live environment.

sudo modprobe brcmsmac

Then I could see wireless networks in the system settings and was able to connect and install. I should add that it continued working and saved my wifi settings post-install.

From the Arch Wiki:

If your card is in the following list, you can use the brcmsmac driver:

PCI-ID          Name
    [14e4:4727]     BCM4313
    [14e4:4353]     BCM43224
    [14e4:4357]     BCM43225

brcmsmac/brcmfmac
    The brcm80211 drivers have been included in the kernel since 2.6.37. Since the release of 2.6.39, they have been renamed to brcmsmac (for PCI cards) and brcmfmac (for SDIO).*

• @noobforever better contributing to Antergos wiki, then using old thread for new information… ;)

–closing–

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

wi-fi11 live35 bcm43132 broadcom14 Posts 5Views 553