• Get the Antergos XFCE look when installing as an additional DE?

So I’m very pleased with Antergos and the Gnome 3 experience, given a little tweak here and there. However I wanted to try XFCE “Antergos-style” as an additional DE.

I came across this question where it seemed like it would be as easy as # pacman -S xfce4 xfce4-goodies however this gives me just a plain XFCE as it can be had just about anywhere. I’d like the real Antergos stuff, please.

For Gnome and KDE, I spotted packages on the AUR that looked like they would achieve exactly this, but I could not find an appropriate package for XFCE. Can you help me out please?

EDIT: I know how to set Numix-Themes. But what about Fonts, Panels, etc… ?

• The simple answer is that there is no ‘xfce4-antergos-setup’. when you install Xfce4 through your terminal or pamac you will get the default Arch set-up. After that you will have to tweak the desktop yourself: theme fonts, icons, panel and all. But that is the fun part.

When you boot into Xfce4 for the first time, you can choose for the default layout. This will give you a top panel and a application panel at the bottom. After that go to settings - appearance and choose your theme and icons.

Never to old to learn.

xfce46 additional1 installing51 Posts 2Views 309