• \[Solved\]Install error on new ISO and testing script

I didn’t want to clutter up the other threads…

Having issues getting Antergos installed on my desktop. Installed perfectly on my laptop and I love it.

I downloaded the new ISO booted it up and ran the test.sh script as described. I then tried manually selecting my mirror and rerunning the script, Same error. I then tried the sudo pacman -Syy git --noconfirm and then re ran the script again and still get the same error.

It is the same error a few others have posted.

python: can’t open file ‘/usr/share/cnchi/cnchi.py’: [Error 2] No such file or directory

• I didn’t want to clutter up the other threads…

Having issues getting Antergos installed on my desktop. Installed perfectly on my laptop and I love it.

I downloaded the new ISO booted it up and ran the test.sh script as described. I then tried manually selecting my mirror and rerunning the script, Same error. I then tried the sudo pacman -Syy git --noconfirm and then re ran the script again and still get the same error.

It is the same error a few others have posted.

python: can’t open file ‘/usr/share/cnchi/cnchi.py’: [Error 2] No such file or directory

• Okay, I got it installing on my desktop now. Here is what I did, hope this helps someone that is still having problems.

I booted up the testing ISO and ran that installer as far as it would go until I get the Cannot initilize pyaplm error.
    Then I ran the command

sudo pacman -Syy git --noconfirm

Then I downloaded and ran the testing.sh script and the installer started up and is installing as I type this.

• Well that just takes the piss!!
    Don’t know what kind of witchcraft you’re weilding over there, trxdraxon!
    Seriously - I’ve completed all these steps atleast half a dozen times today, if not more!
    It’s like - just reading you post magically made it all work.

To clarify for everyone else;
    When the cnchi installer menu first greets you when it boots up, ignore it - close it, even.
    Instead, what I did was open a terminal, cd to /etc/pacman.d/ & open ‘antergos-mirrorlist’

cd /etc/pacman.d && sudo nano antergos-mirrorlist 

comment out (#) the ‘Autodetect Closest mirror server’, & instead uncomment one of the others.
    Then - run the pacman noconfirm command as suggested.

Then finally

wget http://antergos.info/testing.sh && chmod +x testing.sh && sudo -E ./testing.sh

Proceed with the installer & you’re good to go.

Many thanx

• did you use the 14 04 14 iso?

[img:1pt1tebw]http://i59.tinypic.com/33e3r08.png[/img:1pt1tebw]
    [b:1pt1tebw]Don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] [/b:1pt1tebw]

• Yes, I downloaded the freshest ISO this morning.

• Thanks all for the suggestions, I now have my installer working successfully! In case anyone else runs into this problem, if I ran the steps after running the initial installer up to the pyaplm error, they did not work. When I did a fresh reboot, then immediately closed the installer and followed the steps, everything worked perfectly.

• @trxdragon, I tried your method, but I still wasn’t able to install antergos. Anybody have any other suggestions? This is a noob question, but when I run/open the testing.sh file, do I need to edit it or add anything to it?

• @“NerdBoy1990”:35p4uen9 said:

I tried your method, but I still wasn’t able to install antergos. Anybody have any other suggestions? This is a noob question, but when I run/open the testing.sh file, do I need to edit it or add anything to it?[/quote:35p4uen9]No you do not need to add anything to it. Please start a new topic with more details on the errors and the log from /tmp/cnchi.log if possible. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• @“NerdBoy1990”:3j5t4sjb said:

@trxdragon, I tried your method, but I still wasn’t able to install antergos. Anybody have any other suggestions? This is a noob question, but when I run/open the testing.sh file, do I need to edit it or add anything to it?[/quote:3j5t4sjb]

I don’t know if this helps, but after:

I tried downloading and running the testing.sh file and received an error. However, after closing the terminal, opening it back up and then rerunning:

wget http://antergos.info/testing.sh && chmod +x testing.sh && sudo -E ./testing.sh

did the script run and the installer popped right up.

Posts 10Views 3007