• \[Solved\]Install error on new ISO and testing script

I didn’t want to clutter up the other threads…

Having issues getting Antergos installed on my desktop. Installed perfectly on my laptop and I love it.

I downloaded the new ISO booted it up and ran the test.sh script as described. I then tried manually selecting my mirror and rerunning the script, Same error. I then tried the sudo pacman -Syy git --noconfirm and then re ran the script again and still get the same error.

It is the same error a few others have posted.

python: can’t open file ‘/usr/share/cnchi/cnchi.py’: [Error 2] No such file or directory

• I didn’t want to clutter up the other threads…

Having issues getting Antergos installed on my desktop. Installed perfectly on my laptop and I love it.

I downloaded the new ISO booted it up and ran the test.sh script as described. I then tried manually selecting my mirror and rerunning the script, Same error. I then tried the sudo pacman -Syy git --noconfirm and then re ran the script again and still get the same error.

It is the same error a few others have posted.

python: can’t open file ‘/usr/share/cnchi/cnchi.py’: [Error 2] No such file or directory

• Okay, I got it installing on my desktop now. Here is what I did, hope this helps someone that is still having problems.

I booted up the testing ISO and ran that installer as far as it would go until I get the Cannot initilize pyaplm error.
    Then I ran the command

sudo pacman -Syy git --noconfirm

Then I downloaded and ran the testing.sh script and the installer started up and is installing as I type this.

• Well that just takes the piss!!
    Don’t know what kind of witchcraft you’re weilding over there, trxdraxon!
    Seriously - I’ve completed all these steps atleast half a dozen times today, if not more!
    It’s like - just reading you post magically made it all work.

To clarify for everyone else;
    When the cnchi installer menu first greets you when it boots up, ignore it - close it, even.
    Instead, what I did was open a terminal, cd to /etc/pacman.d/ & open ‘antergos-mirrorlist’

cd /etc/pacman.d && sudo nano antergos-mirrorlist 

comment out (#) the ‘Autodetect Closest mirror server’, & instead uncomment one of the others.
    Then - run the pacman noconfirm command as suggested.

Then finally

wget http://antergos.info/testing.sh && chmod +x testing.sh && sudo -E ./testing.sh

Proceed with the installer & you’re good to go.

Many thanx

• did you use the 14 04 14 iso?

• Yes, I downloaded the freshest ISO this morning.

• Thanks all for the suggestions, I now have my installer working successfully! In case anyone else runs into this problem, if I ran the steps after running the initial installer up to the pyaplm error, they did not work. When I did a fresh reboot, then immediately closed the installer and followed the steps, everything worked perfectly.

• @trxdragon, I tried your method, but I still wasn’t able to install antergos. Anybody have any other suggestions? This is a noob question, but when I run/open the testing.sh file, do I need to edit it or add anything to it?

• @“NerdBoy1990”:35p4uen9 said:

I tried your method, but I still wasn’t able to install antergos. Anybody have any other suggestions? This is a noob question, but when I run/open the testing.sh file, do I need to edit it or add anything to it?[/quote:35p4uen9]No you do not need to add anything to it. Please start a new topic with more details on the errors and the log from /tmp/cnchi.log if possible. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• @“NerdBoy1990”:3j5t4sjb said:

@trxdragon, I tried your method, but I still wasn’t able to install antergos. Anybody have any other suggestions? This is a noob question, but when I run/open the testing.sh file, do I need to edit it or add anything to it?[/quote:3j5t4sjb]

I don’t know if this helps, but after:

I tried downloading and running the testing.sh file and received an error. However, after closing the terminal, opening it back up and then rerunning:

wget http://antergos.info/testing.sh && chmod +x testing.sh && sudo -E ./testing.sh

did the script run and the installer popped right up.

Posts 10Views 3603
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.