• Cleaning

I need some tips and advice on how to keep my antergos system healty and clean. Any suggestions?

• @dazzled thats typically a windows problem with things slowing down after a while and needing to reinstall to get good performance. i cant speak for everyone but ive had a 2 year install of Antergos roll with no issues or no need to clean anything. runs just as good as the day i installed it.

someone might have some advice on some general things you can clean but i wouldnt worry too much about it. just be careful on what apps you install.

here is a link to the arch wiki on some things you can clean
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/System_maintenance#Clean_the_filesystem

• All you need is to clean / if it runs out of space, you can remove the cache with pacman -Sc. I wouldn’t use tools like BleachBit because they can cause problems.

• $ sudo paccache -rk0

Para limpiar y ganar espacio en la raiz /

Autodidacta en la VIDA …y en Linux, también.

• @judd I had never read about it…

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• @fernandomaroto said in Cleaning:

@judd I had never read about it…

@fernandomaroto
    https://lamiradadelreplicante.com/2015/10/09/limpiar-la-cache-de-pacman-en-arch-linux-y-derivadas/

Wiki:
    0_1490307906299_paccache.png

Autodidacta en la VIDA …y en Linux, también.

• Thanks for answers and links guys! Guess Im still stuck in the windows mindset. Running the XFCE version and Im impressed with how blazing fast it is. Removed bleachbit and will try to keep things most cli as possible.

• @judd paccache -r just released over 1gb. Great tip :+1:

• @Uzi said in Cleaning:

@judd paccache -r just released over 1gb. Great tip :+1:

:laughing: :poop: :toilet:

• @dazzled said in Cleaning:

Thanks for answers and links guys! Guess Im still stuck in the windows mindset. Running the XFCE version and Im impressed with how blazing fast it is. Removed bleachbit and will try to keep things most cli as possible.

thats easy to get stuck in when you most people have used windows for so long. i remember having to do regular reinstalls of my XP system back in the day to keep it running smooth. you dont need to do anything extreme to keep this system running smooth and clean

i still get questions from friends and family about what spyware or anti virus to use and sometimes i forget that windows people have to use that stuff.

XFCE is a good solid choice :+1:

cleaning1 Posts 10Views 613