• Antergos hangs near end of file transfer and corrupts...

Antergos Gnome hangs near the end of file transfer and corrupts the .zip, when I check it with the given sha1sum I get the same string. When the file is indeed corrupted. When I copy a large .zip to my USB 2.0 drive, It hangs near the 90% mark, never to finish. It seems almost that the transfer completed normally but claims its hung. When I verify the file in the USB 2.0 drive, which Windows PC’s recognize as corrupted, I get the exact same sha1sum. So the file is corrupted, but the verification passes. Isn’t the whole point of verification to read for changed or corrupted data?

• @antergosfgm If i understdood correctly, i think that someone zipped the file corrupted, and then created the shasum; so the shasum belongs to a corrupted zip file.
    The correct procedure was to zip, test if is unziping fine and then generate the shasum.

Portergos site
    https://github.com/Portergos/portergos-iso

Still in love with Antergos (default OS)
    I3wm

Linux newbie since 06/2016

• I realized that the corruption came when the drive was removed, so when I checked the sum it was indeed correct but once the drive had been removed the file became corrupt

• Are you taking the time to unmount the drive before removing it from your computer?

hangs18 transfer6 corrupts1 Posts 4Views 482
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.