• Antergos hangs near end of file transfer and corrupts...

Antergos Gnome hangs near the end of file transfer and corrupts the .zip, when I check it with the given sha1sum I get the same string. When the file is indeed corrupted. When I copy a large .zip to my USB 2.0 drive, It hangs near the 90% mark, never to finish. It seems almost that the transfer completed normally but claims its hung. When I verify the file in the USB 2.0 drive, which Windows PC’s recognize as corrupted, I get the exact same sha1sum. So the file is corrupted, but the verification passes. Isn’t the whole point of verification to read for changed or corrupted data?

• @antergosfgm If i understdood correctly, i think that someone zipped the file corrupted, and then created the shasum; so the shasum belongs to a corrupted zip file.
    The correct procedure was to zip, test if is unziping fine and then generate the shasum.

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• I realized that the corruption came when the drive was removed, so when I checked the sum it was indeed correct but once the drive had been removed the file became corrupt

• Are you taking the time to unmount the drive before removing it from your computer?

corrupts1 transfer3 hangs10 Posts 4Views 205