• \[Solved\] Installing Cinnamon

Good eve everybody,

Today i was installing Cinnamon. The testing ISO from this week was not working so i took the testing ISO from April 6.
    After installing Cinnamon and restarting i didn’t get the Cinnamon desktop.
    On my screen i have only on the left the icons from: Chromium, Nemo and Terminal. I don’t see the Menu or other Icons.
    On the right i have icons from my Netwerk and a troubeshoot icon.

What is wrong?

Thanks for your time.

• Good eve everybody,

Today i was installing Cinnamon. The testing ISO from this week was not working so i took the testing ISO from April 6.
    After installing Cinnamon and restarting i didn’t get the Cinnamon desktop.
    On my screen i have only on the left the icons from: Chromium, Nemo and Terminal. I don’t see the Menu or other Icons.
    On the right i have icons from my Netwerk and a troubeshoot icon.

What is wrong?

Thanks for your time.

• Cinnamon 2.2 is broken right now. It is being worked on as we speak. You could use the Archlinux Rollback Machine to downgrade to Cinnamon 2.0.14 if you want. Look it up in the wiki to see how it works.

Cheers!

• Thanks Dustin,

That’s my luck again. I thought i give Cinnamon a try. Okay back to Gnome and i wait then.

Thanks

• Walks in on convo about Cinnamon 2.2, hears it’s broken, turns and walks the other way back toward GNOME. Thanks for the Minority Report way of answering my question before I even thought to ask.

• Everything has been fixed now…(well, everything that was preventing cinnamon from starting lol)

Posts 6Views 1781