• Video playback issue in some websites

Hello everyone, first of all let me thank you for providing antergos for free :) I’m using it since past 6 months or so and found a bug recently (which i’m not sure is related to OS). I can’t play any video in hotstar website. It just keeps on loading but doesn’t load. I don’t have any problem on windows :/ I installed chrome pepper plugin and flash player packages additionally. This is happening on both chrome and firefox. So, any help? My flash plugin according to chrome://flash is “25.0.0.127 /home/neo/.config/google-chrome/PepperFlash/25.0.0.127/libpepflashplayer.so” Please let me know if you need more info. Thanks in advance :+1:

• @xavierlehnsherr said in Video playback issue in some websites:

hotstar website

Hi, i never heard about the site, interesting.
    I tested here on Opera, disabled the adblockers and confirm that doesn’t work… But i never entered the site before, so i’m not sure what could be, i’d guess the site isn’t work, but you say work on windows, so no idea… :)

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• @fernandomaroto said in Video playback issue in some websites:

@xavierlehnsherr said in Video playback issue in some websites:

hotstar website

Hi, i never heard about the site, interesting.
    I tested here on Opera, disabled the adblockers and confirm that doesn’t work… But i never entered the site before, so i’m not sure what could be, i’d guess the site isn’t work, but you say work on windows, so no idea… :)

Hey thanks for replying :) it’s an indian online streaming site for movies/cricket and stuff. It’s indeed strange that only this site has this playback issue while rest of the sites which use html5/flash plays fine :/ I will dig more into this issue.

• Welp, i came to know that hotstar website doesn’t support video playback on linux as of yet. I guess it’s time to ditch that once and for all :D

video14 Posts 4Views 270