• Like 0

Numix Icon pack upgrade looks like it failed but it worked?

Not an issue just looking for someone to explain to me how an update can complete if the attempts to download the package seem to have failed? anyone else get a terminal output like this when they recieved today’s update to Numix icons?

FORUM BLOCKED MY TERMINAL OUTPUT, REMVOVED ALL THE LINKS SINCE I BELIEVE THIS WAS THE SUSPECT DETAILS

Here’s what I read in the logs:

Synchronizing package databases...
    Refreshing antergos...

Starting full system upgrade...
    Resolving dependencies...
    Checking inter-conflicts...
    Downloading...
    Downloading numix-icon-theme-1:0.r1899-1-any.pkg.tar.xz...
    # This part was censored so keep in mind it tried about 20 different 
    # mirrors for the file but never said the download was successful, all 
    # ommited lines looked like this....
    Error: failed retrieving file 'numix-icon-theme-1:0.r1899-1-any.pkg.tar.xz' from CENSORED : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
    Checking keyring...
    Checking integrity...
    Loading packages files...
    Checking file conflicts...
    Checking available disk space...
    Upgrading numix-icon-theme (1:0.r1893-1 -> 1:0.r1899-1)...
    Running post-transaction hooks...
    Updating icon theme caches...
    Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
    Transaction successfully finished.

• Like 0

http://build.antergos.com/package/numix-icon-theme
    it is pushed today [numix-icon-theme-1:0.r1899-1] so it is may not synced over the mirrors
    For me it is not aviable for now…

But Upgrading numix-icon-theme (1:0.r1893-1 -> 1:0.r1899-1)… looks like it finds a synced mirror and do the upgrade…

BTW: that forum is spam/akismet stuff you post is may only caus you are new user here…
    I can post everything only if post is to shart and i only try to post a single link without using the “Link” hint from posthelper…

• Like 0
    This post is deleted!
  • Like 0

I am extremely new user, probably why I am blocked from posting SOOO many links. Not sure, just know when I removed all the links it let me post.

• Like 0

@antergosfgm better for long output and logs is to pastebin them also: http://pastebin.com/
    and post only the link here

• Like 0

wow did the bot remove your post with links after a little while?
    @joekamprad or did you delete it?

Also, I keep hearing a notification sound, I’m hoping its Antergos forums :bowtie:
    Is it? Does everyone else hear the notification sound? is it just me :flushed:

• Like 0

i erase my post ;) and yes there is that notification sound from forum, i get this also …

• Like 0

@joekamprad Why do you update with yaourt and -Syua? what does -Syua do compared to -Syu?

• Like 0

a stands for –aur option

icon21 pack2 upgrade27 numix8 Posts 10Views 72